Events Lists

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

elainekeefe

Events Lists

Post by elainekeefe »

Because my own Events List is so anemic, I am wondering how populous the Events Lists of the top scorers are. I have 18 tagged movies out of 12,886 real movies viewed, at a pathetic percentage rate of .0014, just over 1 tenth of a percent. And the scary part is that probably only 5 of those movies really have anything in them at all. I wonder if those of you with high scores would mind sharing your Events List stats?

Thanks, Elaine
caprarom

Re: Events Lists

Post by caprarom »

Hi, Elaine. I have 48 items in my events list from 67,282 real movies viewed, or just over 0.07%. As you know, some of those are fiducials, others are wishful thinking, and some are clearly not candidates. Only a few (maybe four to six, I didn't go back to look) are strong candidate tracks. So, my hit rate seems similar to yours. Regards,

Mike C.
Mitchell Criswell III

Post by Mitchell Criswell III »

Hi Elaine,

I have 151 possibles out of 113985. So like you I'm at .0013. Five of my events are tagged possible idp by Stardust, another is an inclusion. I think I have come across 3 or 4 fiducials.

We are searching for a needle in a cosmic haystack. Isn't it fun?!

Mitch
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Elaine, my stats: 55/39115 = 0.0014, exactly the same ratio as you with 18/12886 (= percentage 0.14%).
But like Mitch, while some have been added to the Alpha List, I'm not desperately convinced about most of them except the obvious fiducials.
John
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Thanks to those of you who responded to my query. I guess this is good news and bad news...good news because I'm not going blind as I feared, bad news because the pickings are very slim indeed this time around. Mitch, how did you manage to have your movies rated? Are they repeats from Phases 1 and 2? Mine are still all at indeterminate.

Elaine
Mitchell Criswell III

Post by Mitchell Criswell III »

Hi Elaine,

Five of my events are marked 'passed cut 1', one is marked 'not extraterrestrial' and the rest are 'indeterminate.' Some of the 'passed cut one ' events showed up while we were redoing what I believe were old phase 2 movies, others appear to be midnight tracks. Perhaps one is the mysterious track 37. See if you have these movies listed in your events: 730481V1, 9982449V1, 5088094V1, 713645V1, and 6125350V1.

Mitch
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Hi Mitch. I checked those against my Phase 1 list and only had the first one, marked as an IDP. I have no determinations on my lists for Phases 2 and 3. I guess that must be what you have...old Phase 1 movies. I don't have enough movies on my Events List to have any, I guess.
Elaine