Calibration movies appearing right after I indicate a track

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

KevinLMoore

Calibration movies appearing right after I indicate a track

Post by KevinLMoore »

While I have reluctant to ask, it has now become an irritation, that whenever I click on a possible track, I almost immediately (and today immediately) get hit with a bunch of calibration movies. Is this some sort of statistical test to determine how much priority possible tracks I might indicate are given? Or, is it just coincidence? Has anyone else noticed this? It is somewhat disheartening to have this happen.
Hope we all can find a particle! Good hunting!

Kevin
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

No this is no test. Apart from the fact that it should level out around 20% of the movies being a CM, they are randomly presented.
This will off course mean that sometimes you will get more then your fair share and sometimes less. But even those figures are means and as allways with statistics there are those in the middle and those at the ends. It seem that you are currently at the receiving end. Whereas someone else perhaps gets way to little CM's.
I think you will see this behaviour disappear in time, in the same way as it appeared.
Just dusting... Image
KevinLMoore

Thanks for the explaination

Post by KevinLMoore »

Thank you for the reply. I should have remembered such from my oh so long ago college statistics course.
Hope we all can find a particle! Good hunting!

Kevin