Wierd movie

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

startrak

Wierd movie

Post by startrak »

Out of some 22,000 movies #785020VI is the most interesting I've seen.
jsmaje

Re: Wierd movie

Post by jsmaje »

startrak wrote:Out of some 22,000 movies #785020VI is the most interesting I've seen.
Wow startrak, yes! High-definition (i.e. x4) movies are with us at last! Note the 50 rather than 100 micron scale at bottom, and magnified Larry & Curly (top middle/right).

PS: link is 785020V1.
fjgiie
DustMod

Prize Egg

Post by fjgiie »

Reminds me of Prize Egg or Deep Movie. :)

I'm glad to see the scale change.
jsmaje

Re: Prize Egg

Post by jsmaje »

fjgiie wrote:Reminds me of Prize Egg or Deep Movie. :)
I'm glad to see the scale change.
Prize Egg or Deep Movie: dated Jan 15 '07.
Was that an early hi-res experiment, or am I in fact the 'Prize Egg' by having until now missed such 50-micron scales, or by having fallen for a spoof? :?
fjgiie
DustMod

MOI ?

Post by fjgiie »

Moi ???
jsmaje wrote:Prize Egg or Deep Movie: dated Jan 15 '07.
Was that an early hi-res experiment, or am I in fact the 'Prize Egg' by having until now missed such 50-micron scales, or by having fallen for a spoof?
Moi?

You know what, I don't believe the prize egg had that 50 micron scale back in January. It has it now.
I just looked at several movies at the VM and have not seen any with the 50μm scale yet. Maybe they will be there soon.

Oh, almost forgot, the +cms should be easy to spot. They should be four times as large on average; in area.
greuti

Post by greuti »

fjgiie wrote: I just looked at several movies at the VM and have not seen any with the 50μm scale yet. Maybe they will be there soon.
They should be already uploaded days ago. Or is there a time difference (delay) between the green tiles and their appearance in the VM? Or is the scale not yet replaced?
startrak

Post by startrak »

I have a confesion to make -- I never saw movie 785020VI -- I really wanted to point out movie #795020VI but made the mistake of typing 785020VI. Hope my error didn't make a mess of things. :oops:
fjgiie
DustMod

No harm done

Post by fjgiie »

Hi startrak,

First here is 795020V1. And that is V1 not VI. That movie has a story too. Here it is in color. :)

We had been waiting on the high resolution movies so we thought maybe you had seen one. From this update Dr. Mendez says: "They are not yet availble for searching but will be very soon." So we just jumped the gun a little, that's all. At least we got a preview.

jsmaje

Re: No harm done

Post by jsmaje »

fjgiie wrote: At least we got a preview.
And all credit to startrak and your space spider in shoes for having led us there by serendipity.

PS: Bryan also says in his update that "We are also making new calibration movies to coincide with these new high res movies."
I presume and hope that means they'll be to the same scale, and not 4 times larger as you've suggested above.
greuti

Re: No harm done

Post by greuti »

What a fluke :)
With these "secret" information I played a bit code cracker :wink:
I'm struck it's a little more difficult to catch the focus level of the surface particles/features in that resolution.

785008V1
785014V1
785020V1
785026V1
785032V1

fjgiie wrote:From this update Dr. Mendez says: "They are not yet availble for searching but will be very soon."
Ah right! Forgot about that in the meantime.
fjgiie
DustMod

Moe and Shemp

Post by fjgiie »

jsmaje wrote: ...the 50 rather than 100 micron scale at bottom, and magnified Larry & Curly (top middle/right).

Movie 781013V1 shows Moe and Shemp.

Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Fjgiie,

I thought these were the spots:
I found that in past archived posts from 8/8/06.
So do we need new names or to rename the spots?
From dust we come
jsmaje

Three+ Stooges

Post by jsmaje »

I see that new one too fjgiie, even subtler than Shemp. I suggest, in order to continue the theme, we should call it Joe (Besser), his successor.

The right side (top and bottom hi-res quadrants, Nikita) obviously has the monopoly of stooges. If any should now be found on the left, perhaps it'll be time to roll out the Marx brothers.

The following low-res jpg is too compression-distorted to see Shemp & Joe properly, but shows where they are; in the VM they can be easier to see by tipping the screen (if an LCD) back a bit:

Last edited by jsmaje on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
greuti

Post by greuti »

No doubt :)

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... d=780691V1

At the right edge is a real surface particle "on the move".
There is probably even more visible that lies on the optical components.
fjgiie
DustMod

Moe, Shemp and Joe

Post by fjgiie »

Movie 7975615V1 shows Moe, Shemp and Joe fairly well, the blemishes that are constant in some of the focus movies.
See Moe, Shemp and Joe above in this thread.

___fjgiie