Scoring method

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

goesser

Re: Scoring method

Post by goesser »

templar781 wrote: It looks like the scoring system has been turned off. My score this morning was 597 and it's still the same after going through approx 200 movies. I would think it would have moved at least a little bit.
That may be, I noticed that too.
Evelyne

Post by Evelyne »

Hello,
In case of a doubt, do someone know what is best for the project : to mark a non-existent track or to miss a possible faint track ?
Evelyne, from France...
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

I think most people are choosing to err on the side of over-flagging. Better to have a maybe discarded by others, than a hit be missed forever. Don't know the official verdict. I'm just trusting my judgement.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
Azrieling

Post by Azrieling »

Why would I want a way of getting MORE calibration movies. The test movies suck! I get exicted about finding a supposed track and then my score goes up... it was just a calibration... just testing. So disappointing. I would rather there be less test and more real movies. Think about how much effort is lost. 1:3 movies are fakes? That means instead of sifting through 1.6 million movies, viewers see triple that. :x
Strange people don't bother me, I bother strange people....
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Over 6000 people signed up. The total score of the top 100 on my list is 58714. Assuming that 1:3 ratio, that means so far 176 142 real movies viewed (ignores bad focus).

If they only have 30 or 40 thousand movies available right now, that means, on average, each movie has been seen five times. which means, by this point, chances of being the first to see one is pretty slim.

Hmm.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Update. Now with over 7600 signed up.
Total score on my topp 100 is 99582.
Making the average top ten score almost 1000.
(And all that complaining about high scores before.)

An increase of 40 868 (almost doubled) in a day and a half.
Still using 35000 movies, that's an average of 8.5 times each has been viewed.