A question about the number of agreements in the events list

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

oaklea

A question about the number of agreements in the events list

Post by oaklea »

In the events list, does the number of agreements mean the number of people that have clicked on the SAME feature in the movie, or does it mean the number of people that have clicked on SOME feature in the movie?

As an example:
If I click on a feature in the upper left of a particular movie along with 4 other people, and 10 people click on another feature in the lower right of the same movie, will the number of agreements in my events list be 5 or 15?

I know that it was stated elsewhere that the team would look at the whole frame when the movie is reviewed, I'm just curious about the way the number of agreement is handled in the list.

Oak
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

From what I understand, it is the number of people who have clicked on the same movie, not necessarily the same spot. When this was set up, it was under the assumption that we were looking for about 45 dust trails, so the probability of two in one movie is very small. That is why they say if there is more than one thing you think should be checked, just click on one. I have no doubt that if something is marked, the entire movie is reviewed.
Hope that helps!
From dust we come
oaklea

Post by oaklea »

Thanks Nikita.

Oak