Publish Rank list of top 200 dusters?

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Sunnydaves

Hi rcschroter,

Post by Sunnydaves »

Hi rcschroter,

Sorry about the mistake .... just wishful thinking. My total score is 5018 with 72 wrong answers.

Sunnydaves
rcschroter

Reply to Sunnydaves

Post by rcschroter »

Thanks for the information on your position. You can see huge difference in score from the top to 100 @ 17,000. The difference is about 8000 in the next 100 places and about 4000 in the next 100. Assuming that productivity is comparable to score there must be a lot of people who tried and dropped out. I have been thinking that widening the list of scores would increase the interest. Maybe it takes more effort than it is worth.
mover

Post by mover »

star2steerby wrote:Have you looked at the top 100 list carefully? The scores are automatically updated every few minutes. The same could apply to all 23,000+ dusters if admin wanted so, of course, everyone would be able to see their score automatically updated in relation to everyone else almost instantly. (What a horse race!)
Eh? When I am dusting my position updates every 5 or 10 minutes or so (didn't time it). So it may not be instantaeous but it is still quite fast. And I'm not anywhere near the top 100 (somewhere around 2100).
See the universe in a grain of dust...
star2steerby

Post by star2steerby »

The key phrase is, "...in relation to everyone else." Right now only the top 100 can compare stats with each other.
Everything reminds me of everything else
DustSabre

Post by DustSabre »

The key phrase is, "...in relation to everyone else." Right now only the top 100 can compare stats with each other.
Which is the whole problem about which this thread was created.
star2steerby

Post by star2steerby »

To which I reiterate; you're 'solution' just creates bigger problems. I'll let you in on a little secret: I didn't start dustbusting until 17 Dec., 2006. Dilegent work 2-3 hrs./day now finds me within the first half of the top one hundred (under another name) and still climbing. If an old fart like me can do it so can you so stop complaining, will you, and enjoy the fact that your making some history by just being a part of Stardust@home. Your efforts are appreciated no matter where you are in the standings.
Everything reminds me of everything else