Waht's the meaning of this message????

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

tareq

Waht's the meaning of this message????

Post by tareq »

In "my events" tap this comment appears from stardust team "possible interstellar dust particle" what does this means??? and what's gonna happened next???? and if it's a dust particle, who will get the honor to name it??????

Thank you in advance.
Howie

Post by Howie »

Means it has passed cut 1 or maybe cut 2 and it is a possible track!!!

It will be months before they get into the phase to go further and end result will be trying to extract the particle, unless they say it is not !!!

Time over many months will tell the tale, and the first to spot the track gets the title...

Hope this helps!!!

Howie
GelDelve

Post by GelDelve »

Hi tareq,

If you were the first to identify the track, if it really is, then you will have the privilege of naming the particle found by that track. You will only know if you were the first at this time if you looked at "Your Events" immediately after you identified the track and you are the only one who identified it. After that you want many others to see the same thing you saw, if it indeed is a track, and there will be many more agreements shown. That still doesn't mean it is really a track, but it does mean that the more agreements by your peers, the more likely that it will be evaluated by the experts, especially if you and they have higher scores on calibrated movies.

Chances are that when you look at your events folder, you will find that many others have agreed with you and that you were not the first to identify it. Even so, you make a significant contribution by evaluating and agreeing with possible tracks and helping to eliminate bad focus (to be redone later on) or non-track movies. Of the now almost 20,000 members and with about 40 or so particles believed to have been captured, not many of us can be expected to be the original finder of an actual stardust particle track. We can, however, aid the project much more by continuing and either confirming or not confirming others decisions by our own choices.
tareq

Post by tareq »

Thank you for make the image clear for me, I realy appreciate it, and its a great honor for me to be part of this blessed team.
I promiss you that i'll do my best to help this project.
Thank you again.