A doubt on whom he is the discoverer of a track/particle

Discuss your experiences with and ideas about Stardust@home here.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

YOMAR_II

A doubt on whom he is the discoverer of a track/particle

Post by YOMAR_II »

If , for example, I mark in the movie ID=12345678v1 and I am the first one, a track in the left side of the movie and actually the track is in the right side of the movie, whom they grant to be the discoverer of the particle; to me, or to the first one that locates it correctly?

Thank you. Pardon my English
tiggertim

Post by tiggertim »

I'm not exactly sure what you are actually asking, but I can see two posibilities.

1/. The track you mark is on the left hand side, and it extends to the right hand side of a different movie. If that is case, it is the first person to correctly identify the track from both movies. (That may be you.)

2/. You mark what you think is a track on the left hand side, but it is not a track, and there is a real track on the right hand side of the same movie. Someone else marks that track. The other person will get the credit for being the first person to correctly identify the track.

Happy stardusting!

Tim.
There is more to life that just the world we live on
YOMAR_II

Post by YOMAR_II »

tiggertim wrote:
2/. You mark what you think is a track on the left hand side, but it is not a track, and there is a real track on the right hand side of the same movie. Someone else marks that track. The other person will get the credit for being the first person to correctly identify the track.

Happy stardusting!

Tim.
thanks.