Psst, If you lock the thread i can't reply.

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

WeBeGood

Psst, If you lock the thread i can't reply.

Post by WeBeGood »

Psst!

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=648

Post locked. Bad WeBeGood! Bad! Bad! ::thwap::

-Shar

This topic is about, "I found a cute, funny, interesting, etc. movie". I took this as meaning Interesting, Funny or Cute about one of the Stardust "Movies". The thread you locked was not about stardust "Movies", but was about some of the LDEF results. A picture of one of the LDEF Teflon shields that has impacts, which might be interesting to some of the people looking for tracks. Impacts on a different material and what they look like.

I didn't want to post off topic to the "Movies" thread, so I started a different thread.

A Sticky thread in discussions about "surface" or "clear" impacts would be nice. They aren't tracks, they are "Interesting", but not cute or funny.

Craig
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @ WeBeGood@GMail.Com
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Hi.

From the topic and text of the post in question, the moderator may have mistaken your post as one of the numerous posts that we are trying to corral.
I find the topic of cosmic snowflakes interesting and others may as well, but they are not directly related to the StarDust@Home project as is the requirement for posting in the Discussion area (and why I haved moved your posts to the Community area). These posts would have also fallen under the topic "other space news".
We are encouraged to use the forums for discussion and I don't want to squelch that in any way, so I will ask the moderator to re-review the post in question.

Thanks for your understanding.
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
WeBeGood

Post by WeBeGood »

DustBuster wrote:Hi.

From the topic and text of the post in question, the moderator may have mistaken your post as one of the numerous posts that we are trying to corral.
I find the topic of cosmic snowflakes interesting and others may as well, but they are not directly related to the StarDust@Home project as is the requirement for posting in the Discussion area (and why I haved moved your posts to the Community area). These posts would have also fallen under the topic "other space news".
We are encouraged to use the forums for discussion and I don't want to squelch that in any way, so I will ask the moderator to re-review the post in question.

Thanks for your understanding.

You all are doing a "great" job so far. Moving to the Community area is fine with me.

Thanks for all the hard work that you moderators are putting in wrt improving the forums,
Craig :)
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @ WeBeGood@GMail.Com
Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

::slaps forehead::

You're right. Doh! I thought it was one of those "snowflake in a Stardust Movie" posts.

I was going just a teensy bit too fast. Sorry 'bout that. The post actually should've been moved, not locked.

My bad.

-Shar
(not too proud to admit she actually DOES make mistakes once in awhile)
alexz

Post by alexz »

My thread got locked too. posted a question... someone posted a link that still didnt' answer the question specifically, thread got locked.
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

Wolter gave you the link that gave the best official answer from the Stardust team. There have been no further updates on the issue of certificates that I am aware of. We've had to lock threads simply because of the volume of threads, not necessarly because they are wrong. This question was already addressed officially by Stardust, so to avoid confusion, it was best to lock it.
I realize that the official answer doesn't answer much at all, but it's the best we have for a project that went live less than three weeks ago. I would encourage you to be patient over the next few weeks and once they get the initial bugs worked out, send a PM if you still don't know what the answer is (but check the forum, use the search option too first!)
And then PM me with what you find out! :)
Good luck and Happy Dusting!
From dust we come