This is the last one....

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

OneEyed

This is the last one....

Post by OneEyed »

As i keep saying after every movie...

Talk about addicting...

Kinda disappointing that most of these are not going to get reviewed until next month, or worse even later. This experimental project they brought on us, is working faster than they for-saw. If we'd have bad focus'd and trash'd movies being put in and out on a daily basis, this entire research could be over within a month.

This is purely an assumption, but I think every single movie has been seen atleast 2 times already, and its only been about 7 days since this project went live.

I also wish I could go to any real movie and flag, but noo, I must use this randomized system =(.
icebike

Re: This is the last one....

Post by icebike »

OneEyed wrote:As i keep saying after every movie...

Talk about addicting...
Boy, you got that right. I've had to put myself on a budget. I made that
decision at 3:25AM!
OneEyed wrote: This is purely an assumption, but I think every single movie has been seen atleast 2 times already, and its only been about 7 days since this project went live.
You might be right.

Last I heard there were 700,000 movies. (In round bald numbers).

We now have over 7000 volunteers, so that works out to just about 100 movies each, plus 33 calibration movies each (since CM's make up 25%).

However, remember the viewing protocol calls for any movie flagged as a track to get sent to (at least) 100 more viewers for confirmation. So this would work to delay the handing out of all the un-seen movies.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

OneEyed,

For kicks, twice now (Friday afternoon, and Sunday morning) I totalled up the combined scores of the topp 100 list.

First time it was about 58 000. Second time about 100 000. Assuming 3 real movies for each point, that means the top one hundred people alone have viewed around 300000 movies. Based on the movie ID's it looked like there was 30 to 40 thousand movies available. This means the top one hundred people alone have viewed each movie, on average, over eight times. Not to mention the other 8000 people.

The top 100 list now BEGINS well over 1000 each, I'm sure I'll do the math again sometime today.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.