SAY "HI" TO THE COMMUNITY

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

qweqwe

Post by qweqwe »

Hi guys!

I found from google! And I wish I will stay here for a long time! My name is Yaroslav. I'm from Ukraine!
andym65

Hi

Post by andym65 »

I found out about Stardust in Sky and Telescope magazine maybe a year or so ago.
Just this week I found out that it was up and running and so here I am

I am 18,homeschooled,and live in IN.

I LOVE science, that is my hobby. I love reading collage chem. text book from my public library.

I think that this project GREAT. It lets normal people like me help out the science community and it's FUN!!!!

Thanks
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

As requested, this is a "Hi" message to my 24,000-plus new colleagues. After participating in Phase One and slowly working my way up to 36th position on the top 100 list, I decided I should finally register during our break. I'm a chemical engineer (recently took early retirement) and competitive runner (well, competitive in my old guys age group anyway), age 58. This has been an interesting & fun endeavour, and I'm looking forward to the challenge of Phase Two. Best regards to all.
Soulenai

HAIL TO ALL

Post by Soulenai »

Ohhhhh god, in one day I went from the lowest out of 25203 to just pushing rank 600 so just wondering if it is broken or just that 90% of users are not formally active?
>>0D5F899BE38DB9F87118181D20D7DD82D03D3BFC<<
laserphil

Welcome to dusting

Post by laserphil »

Hi Soulenai,

Welcome to dusting. Its good to see another Aussie in the group. The system isn't broken its just that the number of dusters has not been reset from Phase 1. It looks like only about 2000 of the original dusters have stuck with the project and continued with the current Phase 2. If I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
By the way I think that the CM you posted with a possible track is more likely to be an inclusion. There are two spots which appear mostly in focus at the bottom of the focus bars but neither show any surface disturbance in their locations.

Laserphil
dexno

Post by dexno »

Me too.. found this forum on Google.. love love love this forum.. :D many useful articles found here.. and also i do some research about star that i will post here soon..
Puddock

Post by Puddock »

Hi everyone!

I've been dusting for ages now (off and on) and thought it was about time I came and said hello.

It's great to be involved, even in a small way, in such an exciting project. 8)

Puddock
ogbele

Re:

Post by ogbele »

Puddock wrote:Hi everyone!
I've been dusting for ages now (off and on) and thought it was about time I came and said hello.
It's great to be involved, even in a small way, in such an exciting project. 8)
Puddock
Hallo everyone, same here! :wink:
Slavianka

Re: SAY "HI" TO THE COMMUNITY

Post by Slavianka »

Hello from Slovakia to all dusters. :) I'm 27 and an English/German language teacher. Astronomy and everything related to it has been my hobby since I was about 10. I first heard about Stardust@home in a documentary and decided to give it a go. Now after a long break I've rediscovered the project a while ago and am spending my Easter holidays dusting! Good luck to all!
CodeTalker

Post by CodeTalker »

Let me be the first of the new crop of 2011 dusters to post a Hello!

I'm a grandfather (so not young!), love astronomy - and all sciences, really - but space holds a special appeal for me and has all my life.

I've been disabled for 16 years due to a broken back and suffer chronic pain from it, so when I saw this mentioned during the Comet Tempel encounter recently I immediately joined - it's perfect for someone like me who can make use of my eyes more than the rest of me; although I'm not helpless - I just need to spend a lot of time quietly and I couldn't think of any better way to do that AND feel like I could potentially make a real difference in something worthwhile than StarDust@Home. IMHO, this is one of the more exciting projects that any average Joe can be a part of, and I hope to see it through to the very end...

DanZ says that the next phase (Phase 4?) is coming online "soon" - which I guess is measured in light years, not Earth Days ( ;-P ), because everything around here seems to move v e r y s l o w l y r i g h t n o w, and reminds me of what I used to tell my bosses on the job - that I only had 2 speeds and if they didn't like the one I was moving at the other would certainly **** them off!

Best of luck to all and thanks for welcoming me to everyone involved, and to all newcomers I'd just like to say you're going to feel right at home here, so don't be shy or afraid to speak up, you'd be surprised at the encouragement and help that will pour forth when you do.

Thanks everyone!
razntips

Post by razntips »

Hello everyone, I'm Raz from Canada.
New around here, I hope I'll stay around for quite a while :)
Blog specialized in basketball predictions offering basketball tips,NBA predictions,NBA picks NBA news and rumors, betting strategy.
timldaniels

Post by timldaniels »

I'm guess I'm number 2 for 2011, right behind Codetalker. Just wanted to say Hello and that I'm from Georgia.
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

In fact I create my account last year and was dusting for some time until a new work left me without any free time :cry: ... But now I'm back and dusting! (rank 103 in this moment) and want to say hello from Córdoba, Argentina! :lol:
Habbakuk

Post by Habbakuk »

Hi, I'm Habbakuk, I'm from Oregon. Always loved the sky and constellations and eventually got into astronomy.Lots of useful stuff and advice on this forumReplica Watchesglad to be a part of it.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Habbakuk wrote:Hi, I'm Habbakuk, I'm from Oregon. Always loved the sky and constellations and eventually got into astronomy.Lots of useful stuff and advice on this forumReplica Watchesglad to be a part of it.
Welcome aboard Habbakuk! Hope you enjoy the hunt (and perhaps score a new track).

Dan