How old is everyone?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

13-19
16%
20-24
21%
25-29
8%
30-34
8%
35-39
11%
40-44
6%
45-49
8%
50-54
6%
55-59
8%
60+
8%

Total votes: 158

fjgiie
DustMod

Another Birthday

Post by fjgiie »

tareq wrote:today 1st of june is my birthday :wink: am 22 now.
  • Today is my birthday

Hey fjgiie, when is your birthday?
    June 19th
    No, no, what year?
    ... every year :P

his ride2

Post by his ride2 »

Yay I win im the youngest so far who has posted. Age 14 but will be 15 in August.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one can not stay in the cradle forever" - Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

Fourteen (fifteen in late November).
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat

Siegfried

Re: TO FIX

Post by Siegfried »

Sundevil wrote:
BIGAL wrote:Since the board administrator sets the number of entry's a poll can have and since the creator of the poll can modify it. Then I suggest that Sundevil change the last entry of the poll from 60-64 to 60+.
I am not allowed to edit any poll after I post it. I have had this problem on other message boards too. I would edit it if I could.

There shouldn't be anyone under 13 due to government regulations on how old you need to be to register on any message board.
What regulations are those? Entmoot noted no regulations. Not that it would have mattered. I will confess to lying about my age on a LOT of things. I don't think they're so much government regulations, but regulations set by the message board companies.

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat

Neelima

Post by Neelima »

i gess im the 2nd youngest...i'm 16 years n 9 months...will b 17 this september 8)

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

What! I'm the youngest! :shock:
This is depressing, that not a single person in my EXACT age group or less is interested. :(

Do I get a prize? :wink: :mrgreen:

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat

Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

Siegfried wrote:What! I'm the youngest! :shock:
This is depressing, that not a single person in my EXACT age group or less is interested. :(

Do I get a prize? :wink: :mrgreen:
<laugh> I'd teasingly ask if you want a puppy, but it's pretty obvious that your maturity level is beyond that of your age group. I think that pretty much answers the question. I'm sure there will be others. :mrgreen:

-Shar

Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

Why, thank you!
In that case, my selected prize will be a Breitling Navitimer Montbrillant watch/circular slide-rule!
Not very accurate, I'll admit.

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat

fjgiie
DustMod

The "Over 49 Group"

Post by fjgiie »

You know, there are a lot more of the "Over 49" Group that
have not voted in this poll.

I am bringing this back to the front so everyone will have a chance
to vote. :D

Thanks,

fjgiie

xxxxxy

Post by xxxxxy »

When I started I was 16, now I am 17. :)

marymouse

Post by marymouse »

When I started I was 67. Now I am 68. Getting marked wrong on that last calibration movie was very aging.

fflo

Re: DISCRIMINATION

Post by fflo »

BIGAL wrote:This poll discriminates against older people!!!!
Iam 68 and unable to cast my vote???
Well, at 76 and with five grandsons between 10 and 21, I refuse to vote under the heading 60+

with special regards to fjgiie 8)

fjgiie
DustMod

You Are Not Old

Post by fjgiie »

Hi fuh flo,

[lie] I've sure gotten old! I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees. I've fought several cancers and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that make me dizzy, winded, and subject to blackouts. I have bouts with dementia, poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. I can't remember if I'm 85 or 92. I've lost all my friends. But, thank goodness, I still have my driver's license.

I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor's permission to join a fitness club and start exercising. I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over. [/lying]

It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffeemaker.

Now, I wanted our members over 49 to vote because we have many good dusters who are seniors. My guess is that half of us are over 49. Maybe half of us are seniors and super seniors. :D :oops:

Thanks,

fjgiie

jsmaje

Re: You Are Not Old

Post by jsmaje »

fjgiie wrote:I wanted our members over 49 to vote because we have many good dusters who are seniors. My guess is that half of us are over 49. Maybe half of us are seniors and super seniors.
I have a feeling you may be right, and there'll be lots of good stuff here for the psycho-social enthusiasts amongst us to get their teeth into in the end, e.g. the age profile most likely to have:
  • a) encountered the project in the first place, given personal background, preferences & exposure
    b) been most enthusiastic about joining
    c) continued doggedly on so far
    d) registered with the forums (? 10%)
    e) even bothered reading and participating in this and other particuar topics (OK, apparently there've been over 6000 viewings to date, but minimal participation). The same old names keep cropping up, don't they!
    f) etc.....
Me? 59, and in it for the long haul, but have slowed down lately until we get to see a lot more new movies.*

John

[* so saying, I have just been credited today as having been the first to be sent as well as mark this movie (what are the chances of that!): 8619845V1. Half an inch north of Moe, most likely an inclusion I guess, but time will tell].

elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

60 here (just turned). I guess I have a bit more time to spend on this project than younger people who are in school or working. I am not retired, but unemployed and, with no job prospects in sight, likely to stay that way. By the way, if I could go pick any age to go back to for a day, it would be 19. Single, job, money, no real responsibilities. Sigh.