the slides are beautiful

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

madasahatstand

the slides are beautiful

Post by madasahatstand »

i was looking over the slides and thought some of the shapes looked like fish, people, animals, rocks, clouds. Brilliant!! an art show while you search for stardust. ive not been so excited in ages. i really hope i find something.
as i have gone through the slides, i notice that the tracks are superimposed on and very easy to spot fter a while. im wondering if there is a risk of overlooking real dust because i am looking for the obvious. i slowed down a bit to make sure i am looking properly and found something i think might be dust. ill try to find a way to post a link

enjoy the project everyone and good luck

mad

Sagastar

Re: the slides are beautiful

Post by Sagastar »

madasahatstand wrote:i was looking over the slides and thought some of the shapes looked like fish, people, animals, rocks, clouds. Brilliant!! an art show while you search for stardust. ive not been so excited in ages. i really hope i find something.
as i have gone through the slides, i notice that the tracks are superimposed on and very easy to spot fter a while. im wondering if there is a risk of overlooking real dust because i am looking for the obvious. i slowed down a bit to make sure i am looking properly and found something i think might be dust. ill try to find a way to post a link

enjoy the project everyone and good luck

mad
It's great you are enjoying the job mad. :) If, when logged in, you look at your events you will find the movie you selected for a track. Just copy that link location and we can have a look.

madasahatstand

here is the link

Post by madasahatstand »

you can see it in the lower middle left in the middle of the 3 big spots

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-2,-2

Sagastar

Post by Sagastar »

if you focus on that movie as deep as you can go, at the bottom of the focus, there is a particle inear the middle, down a bit, just one. There is what looks like a particle below it, but that is dirt on the lense that appears in most shots, and never changes focus.

That's what i see anyways.

gavin42g

Post by gavin42g »

I agree, that looks promising.