Fun images in the gelly

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

mcfrei

What is this strange form in the gelly?

Post by mcfrei »

It is found in the movie id 5933300V1.
I'm curious what's that.
mcfrei

Fun images in the gelly

Post by mcfrei »

here are some fun images i've seen in the VM.

First, A baby tyrannosaurus, playing with toy molecule on the beach - 9805231V1

mcfrei

Re: Fun images in the gelly

Post by mcfrei »

second: a Cthulhu skull, side view - 5485515V1

by the way, what's the correct way to give a link on the VM movie?
jsmaje

Re: Fun images in the gelly

Post by jsmaje »

Hi mcfrie – I like your baby tyrannosaurus, but don’t see anything resembling ’a molecule’! If we’re looking at the same things in the same way (and therein lies the catch) your ‘molecule’ - to the left? - looks more like the front half of a grizzly bear to me!

As for a Cthulhu skull, it looks uncannily Neanderthal to me (well a bit, and who were at least real), and with whom I’ve long suspected we interbred, as recently confirmed (probably).

How else to explain some of those strange people around the neighbourhood!

To post a movie link (as opposed to an image, which you have already done) simply copy its http://etc. address from the browser address bar or R-click>Properties panel, and incorporate it in your post in the following way:
[url = address including movie number] relevant text (e.g. movie number again) [/url].
If you didn’t note the address at the time and only have the movie number, use one of the addresses here, inserting the number where appropriate.

Meanwhile, there is already a thread concerning “fun” movies at "I found a cute, funny, interesting, etc. movie". You’ll find some interesting stuff there about interstellar spiders, nano-tools and a host of other wierd artefacts.

By the way, the dark triangular feature (if that’s what you are referring to) in 5933300V1 is not at all unusual, and patently lies flat on the aerogel surface. There’s no end of different types of artefacts and debris to be sorted through, discussed throughout the forum. I was told by the team some time back that although initially manufactured and finally examined in a “clean room”, the aerogel surface can never be “that clean!” After all, we’re talking about really microscopic features, amongst which (who knows?) you may find that one-millionth of a meter-diameter interstellar particle that changes our understanding of the universe! That’s my reason for sticking with the project anyway, now over 4 years old.

Happy dusting!
John