Where are the signed up members from?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

Aquila Hawk

Re: Greece

Post by Aquila Hawk »

DustTrailFinder wrote:
Siegfried wrote:Eh, you know what they say here in California. You like the weather, wait ten minutes.
That's pretty much what we say in Colorado. Maybe it's a universal thing that we'd like to think only applies locally?
Actually, it's supposed to only apply to New England, as it was written by Samual Clemens.
Everyone talks about SOH CAH TOA, but no one ever talks about CHO SHA CAO.
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

I've lived in all three places and I think it always applied mostly to CO perhaps becasue of the mountains. But, NY would have more drasticchanges in weather....

CA, well, I lived in SanDiego where the weather is always pretty much the same, perhaps other parts of CA are different...
DustTrailFinder

Post by DustTrailFinder »

Well, Twain had a way with words and wrote about everywhere and everything, so I don't doubt it at all. I've heard it said about Colorado weather since I was a kid in the '50s, "if you don't like the weather, wait for an hour and it'll change." But I have to think that's pretty much universal in the US, with the possible exception of the western coast.
Verenique

Re: Greece

Post by Verenique »

Siegfried wrote: Eh, you know what they say here in California. You like the weather, wait ten minutes. (Actually it's the other way around.) And I beleive we are at the same latitude, and my former home in Los Angeles was classified as a "Mediterranean Climate."
8) Judging from what I've seen in movies or TV about California and having tasted some explicit California wine, well I guess we share the same blessing regarding climate..

But if your proverb means that weather changes rapidly there, this is not the case here though!
Carbon number 7 inside my limbic's particular receptor, originated from a purple Supernova, generating illusions of explosions at a glance of your figure.
particle X

Post by particle X »

Im from The Beautiful Sunny Okanagan Valley, world renouned for it's fruit and award winning
wines, and also home of the Earth's Greatest Star Party (Mount Kobau) http://www.mksp.ca

It is so awsome that people from around the world can participate!!!
Particle X
[particle X]
[David Wilde]
steve_farmer_jr

Post by steve_farmer_jr »

If you all want to see some strange weather, come visit South Georgia, USA. The temperatures today were pushing 96 F and the humidity is like a greenhouse...

Steve
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stardustathome

We all reside in this vast universe within a normal galaxy orbiting an average star. sf

www.cometary.net
DustTrailFinder

Where I live in Colorado, the temperature has been 98 on May 21, and 97 on May 19, 26, and 27. Of course, the humidity has been considerably less than 50% on most or all of those days, making it a bit more tolerable than what you're experiencing. Today's high was 74, but that was because it was cloudy and we had a spot of rain, resulting in close to 100% humidity for a while. Back in 1969 when I was on active duty with the US Navy, I spent 6 months in Athens, Georgia, at the Naval Supply Officer Training facility located there. I thought the weather was excellent and really enjoyed the experience. I met a lot of lovely and friendly Georgian's during my stay there and have fond memories of that time.
particle X

Post by particle X »

Good Luck to Everyone :shock: :)
Last edited by particle X on Tue May 30, 2006 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[particle X]
[David Wilde]
steve_farmer_jr

Post by steve_farmer_jr »

I thought the topic of this discussion was "Where are the signed up members from?" and it would allow everyone participating in the Stardust@home project to "sort-of" see who else is participating.

Steve
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stardustathome

We all reside in this vast universe within a normal galaxy orbiting an average star. sf

www.cometary.net
DustTrailFinder

particle X wrote:And what ? Prey tell, does this entry have to do with finding Stardust DTF?
Your posts and replies to me are rather confusing... Could you please clarify the discrepencies between what you have posted to me and what you yourself are posting ?

" No question is a stupid question "
" It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt "
Perhaps you should at least show some interest in the subject of this message board instead of finding off subject messages of mine. Relating to other members of the board who want to find star dust particles is my business, not yours.

I am not here to entertain you or to enter into a debate with you. Your purpose in showing up here so far is only to promote a way for members to tattoo their signatures, a goal no one here cares about. If you want to discuss star dust particles or, more importantly, help find them, then you are very much welcomed.
particle X

Post by particle X »

Good Luck to Everyone :shock: :)
Last edited by particle X on Tue May 30, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[particle X]
[David Wilde]
DustTrailFinder

particle X wrote:" It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt "
You have yet to post anything meaningful and of interest in this forum.
Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

Well, I sure haven't tasted the wine! California has wine? :shock:
Out here, it's funny. There's a gated community with a high security entrance to it near the Living Desert. It's so perfect when you look in the gate. You can almost imagine the temperature perfect year-round, and oddly enough, all of the smog we have down here these days seemed to disappear when looking into the gated community. :roll:
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat
DustTrailFinder

steve_farmer_jr wrote:I thought the topic of this discussion was "Where are the signed up members from?" and it would allow everyone participating in the Stardust@home project to "sort-of" see who else is participating.

Steve
Steve,

I started this topic and I'm a member just like you are. I am keeping track of the members from the available information on the memberlist and also from posts here. I don't know what else you were expecting, but if it were at all possible to do, I would. Many of our members do not post their locations, so the information is simply not available.
aaronhunter

Post by aaronhunter »

N ireland here. :D
Space, it seems to go on and on forever. But then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you.