Where are the signed up members from?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

tareq

Post by tareq »

sorry my friend i didn't realise that :oops: .
any way i'll rather to include me as in syria, because theres no one single arabic person cares about that, so i think my country deserves the listing, and the american who lives in german dosent care if u list him in USA or german since there's alot of americans signed in.but if u wanna include me in jordan i have no proplem at all with that, the most important thing for me is to find the particles, and am very happy to know you all, it was a great honor for me to be one of you :wink:
good luck and best wishes to you all
Tyla

Post by Tyla »

Greetings from York - England
DustTrailFinder

Post by DustTrailFinder »

tareq,

I respect your preference and will list you as in Syria even though you are actually in Jordan. It was only my intent to list volunteers according to where they are actually located, but I also don't want to offend those who might have reason to recognize their actual citizenship in another country.

You are certainly correct in noting that an American living in Germany would not have much to object to being included in Germany unless he were the only American participating. I definitely understand your position on this and can agree with you on this.

Further, no one could agree with you more that the project of finding the trails and the scientific evidence that might be discovered is far more important than who finds them or what their location or nationality is.

I only intended this thread for general interest and had no intent that it become a divisive or controversial theme. If it were to become so, I will no longer post updates to it.

From your message I know that you are both a reasonable and a devoted volunteer, as hopefully most of the rest of us are also. I think that most of our volunteers want most of all to benefit from the knowledge that this project may discover, and that none of us care at all about the who, where, or nationality of those who are willing to participate in the endeavor.
tareq

Post by tareq »

ooh, thank you verry much for the nice words, if your not a nice and great person you will never say such a nice words.

any way i find the idea of listing the country names is importent, its not leadin to division at all, but my point of view is my sadness since there' no single arabic person but me, it realy hearts me, so when you see almost all the world care about such a great step in human history, the arabs are standing still with no response and they only care about superstitious, so i think its agreat step to least the countries thats involved in this great misson and this huge step forword, so the arabs might be moved to be part of it. I put my hand in your hand in your idea to make all the world move, not only the arabs, because its a humanity move, we need all the world involved and be united to discover this wide and super large universe.
thank you again and keep on, we are all with you.
DustTrailFinder

tareq

You do know that most modern civilizations, astronomy, mathematics, geometry, and even the letters and numerals, among many other things, used for many modern languages came from Arabic origins. There are many reasons for you to be proud of your heritage and your people.

There may be many reasons why you are the first Arab to sign up for this project, but I doubt that you will be the only one when the project gets underway. There are several places in the world with substantial populations that we haven't seen represented, for example, India and Russia.

And as you have said, I will put "my hand in your hand" if it is possible for us to ever meet face to face.
tareq

Post by tareq »

DustTrailFinder wrote:tareq

You do know that most modern civilizations, astronomy, mathematics, geometry, and even the letters and numerals, among many other things, used for many modern languages came from Arabic origins. There are many reasons for you to be proud of your heritage and your people.
you are right my friend, the arabs set the roots of modern science, but they are now in a deep coma, i hope thay'll wake up and get back to normal, and thanks for making it easy for me, you are realy a great friend, and i hope to see you some day :wink:
Zooball

Post by Zooball »

I guess this will be my "Hello" to this forum. I'm from Boulder City, home of Hoover Dam and just southeast of Las Vegas.

Somebody poke me with a stick when the project gets rolling.

And, you can hit my WWW button to see why I'm interested in doing this project. I actually manned the display for this project at the JPL Open House for about ten minutes. :lol: It looks to be very interesting and should be much more productive than when I stood in the snow very early in the morning in Wells, Nevada trying to get footage of the re-entry.
I can also be found at OurDarkSkies.com with the same username.
DustTrailFinder

There are now 282 registered members, 100 more than the last time I posted member locations. Here's an update (I have also sorted countries alphabetically, rather than by number of members):

Not identified 94
Argentina 1
Australia 2
Austria 3
Belgium 3
Bosnia 1
Canada 11
Croatia 1
Czech Republic 1
France 2
Germany 11
Greece 2
Italy 5
Malaysia 2
Netherlands 4
New Zealand 1
Poland 4
PR China 7
Puerto Rico 1
Romania 1
Singapore 1
Spain 2
Sweden 1
Switzerland 1
Syria 1
UK 9
USA 110

Total 282
smcwamerts

Post by smcwamerts »

Wanted to say hello to everyone from Loveland, Ohio! (About 20 minutes from Cincinnati). I missed pre-registration but I will be checking back to register once everything is up and running. What an awesome project to be part of!
Leos rock ;-)
Emilie LeBlanc

Post by Emilie LeBlanc »

A big hello from Canada! :D I am from Dieppe, New Brunswick also known as the hub of the maritimes, as in Maritime provinces.

I am anxiously awaiting the viewing start of this project much like most of you. I hope to converse with you all over the course of this project. :D Have fun and enjoy!
Alex41

Post by Alex41 »

Hi, I am from Calgary, Alberta. It is my first time to volunteer to help on NASA's project. It is a honor to work with enthusiastic volunteers around me.

And will somebody ban blogGreen88, he is spamming.
Drk Angel

Post by Drk Angel »

England
Verenique

Greece

Post by Verenique »

Hello from Greece!

It will be so wonderfull that gazes from all over the world will focus on the same quest!

Despite here god Sun is already distracting our minds and calls to follow him at a seashore, I promise I'll be quite a blasphemer, trying to ignore him and focus on my VM! :P
Carbon number 7 inside my limbic's particular receptor, originated from a purple Supernova, generating illusions of explosions at a glance of your figure.
Siegfried

Re: Greece

Post by Siegfried »

Verenique wrote:Hello from Greece!

It will be so wonderfull that gazes from all over the world will focus on the same quest!

Despite here god Sun is already distracting our minds and calls to follow him at a seashore, I promise I'll be quite a blasphemer, trying to ignore him and focus on my VM! :P
Eh, you know what they say here in California. You like the weather, wait ten minutes. (Actually it's the other way around.) And I beleive we are at the same latitude, and my former home in Los Angeles was classified as a "Mediterranean Climate."
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat
DustTrailFinder

Re: Greece

Siegfried wrote:Eh, you know what they say here in California. You like the weather, wait ten minutes.
That's pretty much what we say in Colorado. Maybe it's a universal thing that we'd like to think only applies locally?