Will there be Stardust things to buy?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

that would be kewl, give me a T-Shirt if I stick around long enough (after attrition takes over) and then give me a piece of aerogel if I actually find a track...

at least let me buy a shirt, maybe we could get something going to submit designs for t-shirts, if you make enough they would be cheap anyway, take preorders or something

can you tell this semster is over and I have extra time on my hands hehe....
joecor99

Will there be Stardust things to buy?

Post by joecor99 »

I would LOVE to get a piece of aerogel as a reward for finding a particle track. I also like the idea of a hat or a t-shirt.

Joe
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

PeteSeeker wrote:at least let me buy a shirt, maybe we could get something going to submit designs for t-shirts, if you make enough they would be cheap anyway, take preorders or something

can you tell this semster is over and I have extra time on my hands hehe....
Great idea PeteSeeker!
You know, even if this doesn't go any further than us wishing for stuff, perhaps we could start our own designs and/or logos, just for fun! The more creative of us could design what we would find in the aerogel (little green men, ect.) and those of us with no talent with computer graphics {Mumblling, "that'd be me"} could just come up with the phrases. I could imagine the picture of the aerogel with things inside! We've already seen some great signatures. Anyone want to put pictures to them? Got other quotes or saying that would fit here too?

PeteSeeker: Ah, the joy of the end of the semester. The sudden drop of pressure and the feeling of relief when we can say, "You mean I can actually relax?!?" Perhaps this is up your alley?

If nothing else, it may help pass the time until testing begins!

So new thread of artwork and sayings related to the project? :D
From dust we come
PeteSeeker

Post by PeteSeeker »

a new thread has indeed been started...

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... c.php?t=48
Siegfried

Post by Siegfried »

I'm glad the semester is ALMOST over, too. It will be by the time the VMs are working. That means I can spend ten hours a day pouring over black and while movies of small pieces of aerogel. That should average to about fifteen movies per day, maybe more if Entmoot is down.
And God said: E = +mv^2 - Ze^2/r ...and there *WAS* light!

WANTED:
Dead or Alive
^-^
( ^ )
Schroedinger's Cat