Finding small tracks

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

owlhoot

Finding small tracks

Post by owlhoot »

I use Firefox, and have an extension which will help eliminate the dirty screen issue as well as help identify smaller tracks. It is called image zoom, and it works well. If you right click over the movie and choose image zoom, then zoom in it will double the size of the movie and you can still see it clearly enough to identify tracks form scratches or debris. I tried it in the tutorial and it worked great.
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Hooty-hoo, owlhoot!

I've also seen tools like that which are stand-alone and would come in quite handy. What I am doing now is changing the properties of my monitor to 800X600 but maintain the 32-bit color which makes the FOV take up a good portion of my screen... of course, I can hardly see the focus bars, but the movie is big!
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!
Perttu

Weapon of choice / Best tool for the job

Post by Perttu »

Opera 9.01 in full-screen mode , screen res 1280x1024, zoom level 200%, or 300% for those really tiny track-candidates. And a fast mouse hand.
LeeRyder

Post by LeeRyder »

IE7++, bottom right of browser window little magnifying gladd that should normally say "100%", click the dropdown arrow to the right of that to magnify
Luke

Post by Luke »

If you're using OS X, hit option-apple-8 at the same time to enable zooming. You can then zoom in with option-apple-= and zoom out a little at a time with option-apple--. The preferences for the zooming can be changed in System Preferences under Universal Access. Enjoy!