Mala tempora currunt

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

McAngus

Mala tempora currunt

Post by McAngus »

Dear Team, dear Searchers,
I have to suspend and probably terminate my search.
My wife has been operated for a cancer in the colon and there are metastases.
Beside related therapies I need a miracle.
Who can, please pray for her.
Thanks all of you.
Annus iste horribilis est.
McAngus
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Dear McAngus, I am so sorry. I will most certainly keep you and your wife in my thoughts and pray for a recovery. Miracles do happen every day.
fjgiie
DustMod

Take care

Post by fjgiie »

Dear McAngus #15,

We hope everything goes better than you think and that you will be back with us in better times.

fjgiie
GelDelve

Post by GelDelve »

Dear McAngus,

Like the previous posts by elainekeefe and fjgiie, I would also like to express my concern for all the feelings, thoughts, fears, and not knowing what will happen that you and your wife must be experiencing right now. I’m not a religious person, so I cannot rightfully say that I will pray, but I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and hope that your wife’s medical team succeeds in remitting and eliminating this cancer from her. I know it is not always successful, but some people who have survived such threatening illnesses like this believe they were able to do so by maintaining a positive attitude that they were going to conquer it and not let it conquer them. I fervently want and hope that you and your wife will be together and enjoying all of life together again.
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Dear McAngus,

I send along my deepest concerns and well wishes for your family. 5 members of my own family have battled various cancers in the past year, so I know what you must be feeling quite well.

Thank you so much for your contributions to the project.

Healthy thoughts...
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
mmolvray

strength to both of you

Post by mmolvray »

What terrible news. Strength to both you and your wife. We've never met, and yet I feel like you're my brother. I guess, in awful events like this, we are all family. All my very best wishes to you both.
scopdrvr

McAngus

Post by scopdrvr »

Dear McAngus,

You certainly have my prayers for you and your wife. May God give you all the strength you need to take this difficult journey. May Jesus Himself heal your bride and draw you both closer to each other and to Him through this experience. Please let us know how things are going. And feel free to share anything with me. God's greatest blessings be yours.

Lee Henderson, MD
Pathologist
Xerxes68

Post by Xerxes68 »

Dear McAngus, I am not a believer in any gods and I am only too aware of our seeming isolation and vulnerability before Nature and the vast Cosmos. But we do have one thing that is precious beyond all else and that is our humanity and our capacity to be there for each other. My thoughts are with you and your dear wife. Know that even those of us who will never meet you convey our kindness and support for you both. Good fortune be with your wife for her speedy recovery.

Xerxes68
Fenestration
McAngus

Dear friends

Post by McAngus »

Dear friends,
thanks for your support. It helped me during this hard period.
My wife is going into therapy and, at this time, we can just wait for the future development.
I feel that to come back to the search and to be once more part of this wonderful family can take my mind off the worries being my own therapy.
Thanks for everything
McAngus
mmolvray

Post by mmolvray »

Glad to hear you'll be back here! I hope things are going as well as possible for your wife!