What does my Rank actually mean?

This forum is for discussing space science topics related to Stardust@home.

Moderator: DustMods

ERSTRS

What does my Rank actually mean?

Post by ERSTRS »

I've worked hard since August 10, and enjoyed every minute of it. Hope to continue to the end of the project. Here are my current stats, and I wish someone would tell me what they mean. Does my Rank of 281 mean that there are 280 dusters ahead of me? I'm just trying to figure it out. My main motive in searching for particles for NASA (for free) is to help reduce the national debt, and have fun in the process. Thanks, ERSTRS

Right vs. wrong: 3731 vs. 168
Total movies viewed: 15096
Score: 3563
Sensitivity: 93.04
Specificity: 98.4
Evelyn
bulamark

stats

Post by bulamark »

yes evelyn, it does mean your doing well in the search. And there are +200 that have looked at more slides than yourself. Go over to the discussion page and post your stats there. You'll find other dusters have there detail stats there. Happy dusting.
ERSTRS

What does my Rank really mean?

Post by ERSTRS »

bulamark, Thank You for your reply. I am a 77 year-ol gal living in a retirement home. (I was a lab tech) I couldn't believe, when I signed on August 10, 2006, that I would be able to find the paricles. But, I was willing to try. When I got up to Rank 281, I thought, Whoa! This can't be true!
I'll post my stats on the discussion site as you suggested. ERSTRS
Evelyn
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

Hello ERSTRS,

You are doing a great job. Technically your rank means that there are just over 200 people that have seen more calibration movies then you, but that does basically also means they have also seen more real movies as the ratio of cal to real should be the same for everyone. You should also be proud of your percentages. Those are what really matter. Both being in the 90+% range means your doing a great job.

Keep up the great work, and Happy Trails!
marymouse

Post by marymouse »

Congratulations, ERSTRS, that's fantastic. I'm 67 and I was afraid I wouldn't do too well, but I am -- not near you but ok. It's nice to know that we can still contribute.

By the way, TimStrange, it seems like 30% of my movies are calibration movies. Is that the ratio for everyone?
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

30% is about right. The ratio would be better if we didn't have to click "Out of Focus" so often. But the team is trying hard and as the saying goes "It is what it is".

Happy Trails!