Specificity = sensitivity?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

ToSeek

Specificity = sensitivity?

Post by ToSeek »

Now that you've added two decimal places to the specificity and sensitivity values, mine have gone from 99% and 98%, respectively, to both being 98.25% exactly. It seems unlikely to me that these two values would be exactly the same - is it possible that one of the values is being reported in both places?
If you're going to be just like everyone else, what's the point in existing?
ToSeek

Post by ToSeek »

Also, the values don't change (at least not immediately) when my score goes up. I'd think that with two decimal places there should be some effect.
minkiemink

Post by minkiemink »

Doh....I just posted a new topic saying the exact same thing. Very weird. Perhaps I just don't understand statistics? Proabably.....

Minkie
“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched”
-Henry David Thoreau
mateid

Post by mateid »

Same problem here. Yesterday I had a 100/98 percent specificity/sensitivity accuracy. Now, after clicking on what appeared to be a pretty standard under the surface speck, my specificity went down from 100% to the exact 98.05 sensitivity percent, and has been following it ever since.

This may be just a temporary problem (probably a php variable mixup), but the question is: Will the specificity percent be restored to it's original value? Since I have already lost several sensitivity points due to improper calibration movies, having to accept a 2 percent drop in specificity would be really dissapointing...
minkiemink

Post by minkiemink »

I actually don't usually focus that much on my scores for the most part. I have never cared much for statistics before. However now that I have noticed them, I am just finding the changes somewhat annoying. Also, statistically curious. Ahem..... I will trade statistics for some real movies not seen by scores... :lol: :lol: :wink:

The Minkster
“The true harvest of my life is intangible - a little star dust caught, a portion of the rainbow I have clutched”
-Henry David Thoreau
BIGAL

Post by BIGAL »

There is definitely a problem with the percentages. Mine went from 99% 96% to both being the same 95.75% 95.75%.
heumpje

Post by heumpje »

Same here. I am guessing it is more then just a mix up of variables because after a no track movie my specificity went down from 99% to 98% (no extra digits) and only after a track movie it went to the 95.37% sensitivity value.
marykaychicoine

Post by marykaychicoine »

Today especially I was getting a lot of movies that were at clear focus on the surface when scrolled to the bottom of the focus range, therefore unable to get below the surface. I clicked on "Bad Focus" on these movies. Now my 100% specificity has gone to 96.32.

Should I not click on "Bad Focus" for these movies? :?:
Mary Kay
Tom_Gutman

Post by Tom_Gutman »

There is definitely something very strange about the specificity. Mine suddenly went from 100 to 94.71, although the number of incorrect answers stayed at ten, and indeed I had not made any entries, as I was unable to download any of the pictures. I wonder if they are putting data in the wrong fields -- that 94.71 is really close to my sensitivity of 95.
Tom Gutman
tjligocki

Post by tjligocki »

I'm definitely having the same symptoms - my specificity went from ~100% to the same (more accurate) value of my sensitivity (~97%). This coincided with the change to more accurate percentages.

I'm sure this will be fixed soon (probably using the wrong value in the specificity computation - as has been noted) and it's nice to have the extra accuracy!

Terry J.
pointyhat

Post by pointyhat »

same here. I was on 99% 96% when I logged out on Tuesday. Today when I logged back in I was on 96.34% 96.34% I think while I was logged out someone accidently dropped the sensitivity variable in to the specificity slot while they were altering the display to two decimal places.

Gavin
ToSeek

Post by ToSeek »

I have to correct my second post: the values do change, though they stay in lockstep. After a half-dozen calibration movies, both figures changes from 98.25% to 98.26%. I think the sensitivity is being reported in both places.
jclerman

trust

Post by jclerman »

How can we trust the scientific results of the project when the software has so many bugs (cf sensitivity plus other that appear randomly)?
templar781

Post by templar781 »

I had a 99% Specificity score yesterday and a 94% Sensitivity score, and this morning when I opened my account both were at 94.02%.
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is. - Vince Lombardi
smandla

Weird stats

Post by smandla »

I noticed the same discrepancy last night just before logging out. My specificity/sensitivity went from 99/98 to 97.70/97.70. This morning, I noticed that each time a calibration movie was scored correctly, BOTH stats went up 0.01%, regardless of which parameter the movie was testing.
A new glitch for the Stardust team?