"There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

tudorbug

Re: "There's a problem with this focus movie"

Post by tudorbug »

Agree with Mike. Click where the track exits the screen. I count on this particular track, which is of a high value, to make up for several other stupid clicks.
David
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Thanks for the hint, I'm willing to give it another try (again) next time instead of going to next movie. Evelyn ERSTRS
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Yep, I’ve also found that clicking at the edge works with that one – thanks Mike. Despite being out of focus it’s clearly the deepest part of the track in the frame, and I’m finding the same with other lengthy ones that go off-edge.

The team seem to have changed their original instruction to click on the best-focussed part of a test track, to now click on where it appears deepest, whether in focus or not. If so, it would’ve been good to have been told and now, Dan, be confirmed or otherwise.

John
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

This is a Power movie that has a score of 80. That is because many people miss it I think. I clicked near the top left corner or near the 0,0 and was wrong.
7427690V1

f
tudorbug

Post by tudorbug »

LPlease look very carefully at the "solution" movie and note the small "flake" lined up between the vertical pair of red bars. But this flake is just below the track, not in or touching the track, and the distance might be one eighth of an inch in the movie. I believe that is the partical on which we should click.

I missed this one more than once before I fully understood what was shown in the solution. What would throw us off is that the particle does not lay on the track. It is below the track. How that could be in real physics is beyond me. I suspect that there are two tracks installed in the movie and one has been selected as the correct one.

Strange! As noted this is a high value movie and it is a help to click in the correct place. I look for the flake and click on it and have been repeatedly successful.

Note also that we see this movie with the angled track in various locations around the peripery, not just as shown in this example.

Hope this is small help.

David
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

Dan, this movie that tudorbug and fjgiie are discussing is the same one I was lamenting on the previous page and about which you'd asked me. Thanks guys.

Mike
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hello, fjgiie (and granddaughter?) How nice to see you! The little girl is beautiful. I'd wondered if you'd "passed on," maybe, since you haven't been posting. Glad you are still alive and well. What moniker are you dusting under?
The movie that you and caprarom have commented on has appeared on my desktop several times. It has counted wrong regardless---so the suggestion that we should click on the "flake" beneath it is interesting. I'll try it next time.
Evelyn - ERSTRS
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

looks like a Track to me---middle right. I clicked behind the head, got counted wrong. What do you think? Evelyn ERSTRS
TRack 513077V1.png
TRack 513077V1.png (74.21 KiB) Viewed 42022 times
McAngus

Post by McAngus »

You have to look beyond ........
ad augusta per angusta
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

THIS SAME MOVIE came around again, got caught again. Clicking "ahead" didn't help. Knocked me back down from .71 to .70 again! Evelyn ERSTRS
Screen shot 2012-08-26 at 6.17.46 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-08-26 at 6.17.46 PM.png (77.34 KiB) Viewed 41971 times
tudorbug

Post by tudorbug »

Evelyn, I can't scroll up and down on this but it does not look like a track to me given the extent that is visible.
The edges are too defined and the head does not line up with the cloud behind it.

If I could scroll, I might feel differently.

David
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

This is the same movie Evelyn   The track is almost twice as long as you think. Click location is 385, 161 for Movie 9987464V1.

For your movie, the location of the lowest point would be 390, 220 I think.

fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

Like this movie. Click on that last dot.
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Tudorbug and figiie, THANKS, again for help. I'm not doing too well, can't get skill above .71. Since this movie has caught me twice, and the fact that you don't think it really is a track, I'll ignore it from now on. Evelyn ERSTRS
P.S. Fred, the last photo looks like YOU as a young boy! I'm betting that it is.
jsmaje

Post by jsmaje »

Evelyn, I agree with fjgiie (& I guess McAngus despite not having indicated exact coords) about where to click on 513077V1/6463054V1 and other equivalents such as 9987464V1.

Personally I reckon this is a genuine track, despite the virtually invisible connection between the middle ‘blob’ and final one, similar in that respect to another that regularly appears in various guises, e.g. 9357982V1, about which fjgiie & greuti had to help me out here, yet I still too often trip up on!
John

PS (re your PS): I reckon that is a contemporaneous pic of Fred as he appears today, having either taken an overdose of the elixir of youth or been subject to a secret Area 51 Time Machine experiment.
Last edited by jsmaje on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.