No confirmation box when clicking on track

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Christopher Pikula

No confirmation box when clicking on track

Post by Christopher Pikula »

It just jumped to the next movie. The 'my events' count did not go up. This happened in IE and Firefox. Then I noticed that the site seemed to be frozen. Browser was waiting for reply from site but none came. Just logged out at that point.

Chris

misscopernicus

Post by misscopernicus »

the similar thing happened to me! i also clicked on a trace but no confirmation box appeared and it passed to the next movie and so on... but why???
Clear skies...

icebike

Re: No confirmation box when clicking on track

Post by icebike »

Christopher Pikula wrote:It just jumped to the next movie. The 'my events' count did not go up. This happened in IE and Firefox. Then I noticed that the site seemed to be frozen. Browser was waiting for reply from site but none came. Just logged out at that point.

Chris
I NEVER get confirmation boxes, unless I use Konqueror.
I mostly use Full Mozilla.

(Of course, i never use MSIE).

Valar

Post by Valar »

I in Firefox do not have confirming message, and in IE is

mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

yeah, it's a firefox issue.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky

DrGlitch

Block FireFox until Confirmation dialog box is available

Post by DrGlitch »

I clicked on an obvious track in a calibration movie (9811326V1). Apparently my mouse "bounced" and produced a second click in the next movie, which happened to also be a calibration (40801441V1), as the image flashed and then a third appeared. This resulted in giving me a Specificity error. This also explains my one Sensitivity error and why I have a candidate in "My List of Data Viewed" that I did not click on as having a track.

I'm using FireFox 1.5.0.6 on a Mac. Is there any way to get the "are you sure" confirmation dialog box when clicking on the Movie in FireFox? If not I'd recommend barring the use of FireFox as it can easily result in data entry errors.

As a work around I'm switching to Safari, where I've verified the confirmation dialog box works.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" -- Edmund Burke

KarMann

Post by KarMann »

That notion strikes me as being a tad heavy-handed and exclusionary.
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

We've stated in the tech FAQon main website that this is a known feature of all Mozilla Browsers. Some people actually seem to like it. I, personally, don't.

If you do not like this behavior then consider using another browser, like Internet Explorer or Safari (if you are using a Mac).

Topic Locked
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH

pauld

No confirmation box when clicking on a track

Post by pauld »

Running from two different PC's, I have observed:

Using IE 6.0, I get the confirmation pop-up whenever I click to identify a track.

However, on the other PC, using Netscape 7.2, I do not get the confirmation pop-up when I click to identify a track.

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

This is a known feature of mozilla browsers. See the Tech FAQon the main Stardust@home website.

Topic Locked
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH