Main list does not show my name

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Soviet Mike

Main list does not show my name

Post by Soviet Mike »

Hi:

I noticed that my *new* name I had to go by is not showing up in the Power Rank and Skill Rank. Will that be corrected?

Thanks

Mike (AstroCanuck)
SmithES

Re: Main list does not show my name

Post by SmithES »

Hi, Mike, My new name (SmithES), was given me more than a year ago when I had the same signing in problem you've had. My new name does not show up in the Skill or Power list, either. My old name "ERSTRS" has been on Skill and Power lists since I joined in 2006. I'm guessing your old name will remain in the Skill and Power lists, too, and you will find yourself being identified in the forums by "AstroCanuk," and in the Skill and Power lists as "Soviet Mike." That's why I nearly always sign my forum posts with both my old and my new name, so dusters will know it is the same old me.
In my case I am glad my new name isn't being used in the Skill and Power lists! I want that record to reflect the fact I've been dusting for six years, not just a couple of years.

Evelyn (ERSTRS & SmithES)
Soviet Mike

Post by Soviet Mike »

Thanks Evelyn:

I found a track with my new name so wonder how that will play out ..

Mike ( old SovietMike) (new Astrocanuck)
JBogle

Post by JBogle »

My name (JBogle) isn't showing up either on any list. I've been a duster for a number of months too.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

JBogle/Mike,

I'm not sure what's going on just yet. What are your current Power and Skill scores? And Mike, please tell me which is your "new" name that you use to login to the VM.

Thanks!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Something I didn't know, but apparently you need to be listed in the database as a "competitor" and you both weren't for some reason. It's fixed now and I see your scores. Hope you do too!

Dan