How do I show found track?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

sbwlaw

How do I show found track?

Post by sbwlaw »

I must be doing something wrong. When I find a track, I move my cursor to that position on the movie screen and click on it. However, nothing happens. I double-click and nothing happens. After awhile, and even though I do not click on "No Track" the movie disappears, and I'm told that I missed a track worth so many points. So, I ask again, How do I tell Stardust@Home that I found a track?

Otherwise, I see no purpose in continuing.

Steve Woodrough
St. Petersburg, Florida
(727) 898-9009
Steve Woodrough
St. Petersburg, Florida
nitram819

Re: How do I show found track?

Post by nitram819 »

Hi Steve, Sorry it took me a few days to reply to your message. When you find a track, all you should have to do is single click it. It should move on to the next movie immediately afterward without having to do anything else. You do not need to double click it.

I can do some test from my end and try to recreate the issue you're having and come back to you later on this. I'm curious to find out what web browser you are using (Internet Explorer? Firefox?).

Perhaps the issue is caused by some internet security software you have installed on your PC like a firewall. Sometimes a web browser add-on/toolbar can be causing something like this to happen as well (they can block certain functions in your browser for security reasons).

The first thing that I recommend you do is try a different web browser and see if the problem is the same from that other browser.

Let me know, Ill do my best to help you!

Martin
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

Would it be possible for you to launch your browser without loading any add-ons?

If you are using Internet Explorer, go to your Start menu and select Run. Then type the following (without the quotation marks): 'iexplore -noext'
This will launch Internet Explorer while temporarily disabling add-ons until you restart it. Now that it is running without any add-ons, go back to the Stardust site and see if it works now.

If you are using Firefox, you can launch it in Safe Mode, this will disable all add-ons. Simply hold your Shift key while clicking on your Firefox icon and then click on 'Continue in Safe Mode'. Do not select 'Disable all add-ons' option that is showing since this option will permanently disable them. We only want to temporarily disable them for testing.

If you are able to click on tracks while add-ons are disabled, then we pretty much have to disable them one by one and do more test until we find out which one is causing the issue. It may sound complicated but it really isn't that bad.

Cheers,
Martin
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

sbwlaw wrote:I must be doing something wrong. When I find a track, I move my cursor to that position on the movie screen and click on it. However, nothing happens. I double-click and nothing happens. After awhile, and even though I do not click on "No Track" the movie disappears, and I'm told that I missed a track worth so many points. So, I ask again, How do I tell Stardust@Home that I found a track?
Thank you very much Martin for trying to help Steve out!

Note: He and I discussed the problem offline and it may be an issue with his mouse. He's buying a new one and will let me know if he experiences any more problems.

Dan