Phase 4 problems

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

greuti

Re: Phase 4 problems

Post by greuti »

Oh, now I get it. It is a negative coordinated one too (Y=-5)!

Code: Select all

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/powermissedviewer.php?movie_vm=5089230V1&theX=420&theY=-5
fjgiie wrote:Ha, ha - first negative coordinates I've seen. I would have thought that a track off the screen would be the same as "No Track" but not so. "No Track" is incorrect for a track off the screen.
You have still to click there where the script has placed it - even it is on your cup of coffee next to your computer :mrgreen:
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

Its looking good from my side too, got a good answer on all those HATs so far. :mrgreen:
greuti

Post by greuti »

elainekeefe wrote:However, my skill score went down each time. I guess I don't quite understand the math behind that.
The Skill score is the result of the points (Power Score) you are gathering divided by your number of viewed Power Movies. When the points of a right clicked Power Movie is relevant lower or higher than your average (Skill score), it will go down or up. It also goes down when you get judgeg to have missed one, because only the divisor gets (one point) higher.

Dan did already a shot on this here too.
elainekeefe wrote:Also, is there a way to tell what the skill rating is on power movies we get right?
Would be great but rather difficult, I guess.
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Thanks, greuti. I knew that info was here somewhere, but couldn't find it. It makes sense now. Sort of.
caprarom

Post by caprarom »

You can tell the rating of power movies you answer correctly by keeping track of how much your power score increments. You just have to remember to check it before you click.

Mike
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

caprarom wrote:You can tell the rating of power movies you answer correctly by keeping track of how much your power score increments. You just have to remember to check it before you click. Mike
Definitely the easiest way, thanks for pointing it out Mike. I usually take a quick "mental picture" of my score and PMs viewed/missed just before I click on any track.

By the way, you may still be experiencing issues with power movies that have "negative coordinates." If so, just know that we are in the process of removing them from the database.

Otherwise, thanks for all your patience with Phase 4 - we hope you are enjoying it just a bit more these days!

Dan
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Another poorly designed power movie. As you can see, the movie starts below the surface. Ordinarily, I would have marked this as bad focus, but I saw that dark dot jumping out at me (457/200) and clicked on it. Sure enough, it was a power movie. In reality, a person would not be able to tell whether it was a potential track because it is impossible to discern at which point it came into focus.

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

elainekeefe wrote:Another poorly designed power movie. As you can see, the movie starts below the surface. Ordinarily, I would have marked this as bad focus, but I saw that dark dot jumping out at me (457/200) and clicked on it. Sure enough, it was a power movie. In reality, a person would not be able to tell whether it was a potential track because it is impossible to discern at which point it came into focus. http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... rds=?-1,-1
Hi Elaine,

It's easier for me to see about getting these fixed if you can send me the "missed movie" link from your My Events page. Should look something like this:

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... 3&theY=244

Can do?

Dan
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

Sorry Dan, no can do. I got that one right, so that was the only link I had.
enokh

Post by enokh »

hi all

I can not understand why the track properly reporting the percentage of my skyll decreases, while increases Power score and Power Movies, and I do not report any power Missed.

thanks
enokh
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

Hello enokh,
The Power Movies have tracks that are worth different points.
If you click on a track with a low value your skill will go down.
If you click on a track with a high value your skill will go up.

The Skill-Score is sum of all points or your Power-Score divided by number of Power-Movies presented to you.
In your case, if you click on a track with a value less than 16, the score of skill can get lower.
-----------------------

Ciao enohk,
The Movies Potenza hanno tracce che valgono diversi punti.
Se si fa clic su una pista con un valore basso la vostra abilità andrà giù.
Se si fa clic su una pista con un alto valore la vostra abilità salirà.

La Skill-Score è somma di tutti i punti o Power-Score diviso per il numero di Power-Film presentato a voi.
Nel tuo caso, se si fa clic su una pista con un valore inferiore a 16, il punteggio di abilità possono ottenere inferiore.

ps: Ti capita di parlare Geechee?
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

elainekeefe wrote:Sorry Dan, no can do. I got that one right, so that was the only link I had.
Ah, I see. Well, remember, these new Power Movies are the real deal! Meaning, no one designed them, they are exactly as they appeared when the tile was scanned (although, a few may have been flipped, direction-wise). I see this one was worth 24 points - good find! Also, I know this new Phase is a bit harder on the eyes, but that was kinda the point - things were being missed on a regular basis and we wanted dusters to focus more, i.e., take a little more time on each slide. Not an easy way to rack up the points I know, but best way to do the science, which is ultimately what needs to get done here. I see you have a pretty good Skill Score too, so obviously you're doing your best - which we greatly appreciate!

Thanks,

Dan
enokh

Post by enokh »

hello fjgiie
you've been very kind now I was all clear. thanks

no.. I speak only Italian

enokh
fjgiie
DustMod

Post by fjgiie »

enokh wrote:hello fjgiie
you've been very kind now I was all clear. thanks

no.. I speak only Italian

enokh
More Geechee: (più Geechee)

Kumbayah in english is “come by here”. (Kumbayah in inglese è "venire da qui.)

Kum ba yah
Come by here

listen , (ascoltare, Geechee musica) http://freekidsmusic.com/tradsec/Kumbaya.mp3
enokh

Post by enokh »

hi all

I think that the coordinates do not match

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... 6&theY=316

enokh