My List of Data Viewed

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

wandajrkent

My List of Data Viewed

Post by wandajrkent »

Checked out the movies in "My List of Data Viewed" and of the five movies listed only one of them has a particle in it that I would have "clicked" on. Are they just chosen randomly?
One had 9 others agreeing with me and there is not even close to being a particle in the movie.
cello

My List of Data Viewed

Post by cello »

right. not sure about random added titles in the list. doubt. but i would like to have a feature to remove movies from list. i definitely have added some which doesn't have anything interesting. especially in the beginning, with no experiance yet.
splait

Same here

Post by splait »

There are several movies in My Events that I'm sure I didn't find tracks in. I would very much like to see a complete history of ALL the movies I have reviewed. I have a reason for that that I will post separately.
DrGlitch

Post by DrGlitch »

Definitely a problem here. I just started today and my "List of Data Viewed" shows: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=35330

I did not indicate that this movie had a track, although 2 others apparently did.

It certainly would be nice to be able to access a history of movies I have reviewed. I was 10 for 10 on the test and 100% on Sensitivity until my 24th calibration. I didn't notice the Movie number and it would be nice to see what I missed, if indeed there was a track and it wasn't one of the bad ones.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" -- Edmund Burke
DrGlitch

I figured out what the cause my problem was...

Post by DrGlitch »

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" -- Edmund Burke
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

I wouldn't worry about marking tracks that later, you knew not to be. I think I hit on Larry, Curly or Moe once (the dust spots). Since so many of us are looking at the same movies at different times, the curve is going to be in favor of the masses. That is, in the beginning, a lot of movies were tagged that probably weren't there. But now, we all seem to be more skeptical. So, the ones we click now are more likely to be something to look at. The higher the number of hits on a movie will get the attention first. Also, they view the same thing we do to see what was marked. If they see I marked the dust, they'll just laugh and mark it off the list.
It's a long winded way of saying not to worry about marking things wrong at first. They realize that we are looking at things that haven't been seen before and we are all learning. As we go along and they can review the first few films that had high hits, I'm sure we'll get more feedback.
The best part is that you care and are hopefully having fun!
From dust we come