early phase 3 movies missing

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

jdrockster

early phase 3 movies missing

Post by jdrockster »

When I began phase 3 "dusting" there were many movies that I marked as a candidate that still have only been viewed by 10-30 people. This is odd because the recent dustings have been viewed over 400 times! What has happened to those movies and why are we repeating the same small group? I have at least 60-100 movies that have not been re-checked! #3117765v1 is the first one that I marked #1470075v1 is the last that have not had any activity for months???
Dust2Dust...Dust4Dust!
DanZ
Site Admin

Re: early phase 3 movies missing

Post by DanZ »

jdrockster wrote:When I began phase 3 "dusting" there were many movies that I marked as a candidate that still have only been viewed by 10-30 people. This is odd because the recent dustings have been viewed over 400 times! What has happened to those movies and why are we repeating the same small group? I have at least 60-100 movies that have not been re-checked! #3117765v1 is the first one that I marked #1470075v1 is the last that have not had any activity for months???
I could hazard a guess JD, but I won't since I wouldn't be 100% sure. Let me check with the techs behind the scene instead and get back to you. If you don't see a reply here within a week, send me a PM.

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

jdrockster wrote:When I began phase 3 "dusting" there were many movies that I marked as a candidate that still have only been viewed by 10-30 people. This is odd because the recent dustings have been viewed over 400 times! What has happened to those movies and why are we repeating the same small group? I have at least 60-100 movies that have not been re-checked! #3117765v1 is the first one that I marked #1470075v1 is the last that have not had any activity for months???
JD

Hi. Still working on this one for you, but movie 3117765v1 doesn't seem to exist anymore. Before I research that though, can you verify the code or send a link? Thanks!

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Thanks for your patience on this one JD. Seems we may have had the VM start selecting for only the most recently uploaded tile scans. Looking to get the older ones from Phase 3 back in rotation soon. I'll try to keep you posted!

Dan
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

I was thinking in the same thing since my return to the dusting, I would be nice to see some rotation before the jump to phase four :)
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

I believe the old movies are back! Is that what you are seeing too?

Dan
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

Hi Dan,

I cannot speak on behalf of the OP but I personally do not see any changes.

I have quite a few early phase 3 movies in My Events database whose number of views have not changed for a very very long time. I'm willing to show you what I'm seeing in my event if you would like. Simply let me know.

Martin
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

nitram819 wrote:I have quite a few early phase 3 movies in My Events database whose number of views have not changed for a very very long time. I'm willing to show you what I'm seeing in my event if you would like. Simply let me know. -- Martin
Yes, please do Martin. Send me a PM and include a screen shot if possible. Then we'll see what we can do from there.

Thanks,

Dan
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

I have several movies in the same situation, I will do the same as soon as I can too.
laserphil

Post by laserphil »

This appears to have been occurring for some time. I have just returned after a break and have marked 10 movies as possibles but these have been viewed between 909 and 1000 time each. The highest viewing in my early events is only 143. I did notice that the same movie has been viewed by myself 3 times in the last two days. I was starting to suspect that we may all be searching on a limited number of scans and am taking more notice of unique looking movies and their numbers. There have been quite a few repeats in the last few days. There also seems to be a limited number of negative CM's. I am getting to know them as soon as I see the first frame! Has anyone else seen 5300545V1 repeated?
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

DanZ wrote: Yes, please do Martin. Send me a PM and include a screen shot if possible. Then we'll see what we can do from there.
Dan
I sent you the screenshot, but the message has been sitting in my outbox for a while now, it wont go in my Sent items. Is this normal?
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

nitram819 wrote:
DanZ wrote: Yes, please do Martin. Send me a PM and include a screen shot if possible. Then we'll see what we can do from there.
Dan
I sent you the screenshot, but the message has been sitting in my outbox for a while now, it wont go in my Sent items. Is this normal?
I'm in the same situation, today I send my message with my list and screenshots and the message only went to outbox, I think what there is a problem :!:
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

nitram and shigeru:

Private messaging on Stardust does not perform in the same manner as email. Your message does not automatically go to "sent messages" once it has gone through. Here, it remains in the outbox until the recipient has picked it up and opened it. Dan has said he has little time available for Stardust work, so I imagine it may be a week or two before he picks up his messages.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Yep, I've been away!! Sorry. I'll try to get on this again.

Dan
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

elainekeefe wrote:nitram and shigeru:

Private messaging on Stardust does not perform in the same manner as email. Your message does not automatically go to "sent messages" once it has gone through. Here, it remains in the outbox until the recipient has picked it up and opened it. Dan has said he has little time available for Stardust work, so I imagine it may be a week or two before he picks up his messages.
Thanks, I see now! :)