early phase 3 movies missing

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

DanZ
Site Admin

Re: early phase 3 movies missing

Post by DanZ »

laserphil wrote:This appears to have been occurring for some time. I have just returned after a break and have marked 10 movies as possibles but these have been viewed between 909 and 1000 time each. The highest viewing in my early events is only 143. I did notice that the same movie has been viewed by myself 3 times in the last two days. I was starting to suspect that we may all be searching on a limited number of scans and am taking more notice of unique looking movies and their numbers. There have been quite a few repeats in the last few days. There also seems to be a limited number of negative CM's. I am getting to know them as soon as I see the first frame! Has anyone else seen 5300545V1 repeated?
So one issue is that movies such as 2157740V1 have been viewed 1016 times but only clicked on 19 times. So, it's definitely a bug in the system that is showing this and other movies at such high number of viewings in the MyEvents pages (the number should be only 19). But we're still hunting for the reason why.

Otherwise, thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! We will continue to investigate.

Dan
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

DanZ wrote:[So one issue is that movies such as 2157740V1 have been viewed 1016 times but only clicked on 19 times. So, it's definitely a bug in the system that is showing this and other movies at such high number of viewings in the MyEvents pages (the number should be only 19).
Okay, I got that wrong. The over 1,000 viewings for this and other movies is because, yes, a reduced subset of movies were being continually cycled through the VM. But we've fixed that and you should be seeing many more movies available for dusting right now. However, let me know if that's not the case!

Sorry for the bug and thanks for your patience on the fix.

Dan
PS - the "Number of Viewings" numbers of around 1,000 are thus correct for the movies that were being recylced.
Last edited by DanZ on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: additional clarification added
Shigeru

Post by Shigeru »

DanZ wrote:But we've fixed that and you should be seeing many more movies available for dusting right now. However, let me know if that's not the case!
Indeed, today I found myself with a bunch o news movies, great! 8)
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

Yes I also do believe that the issue has been resolved. Thank you so much DanZ and the techs for looking into this problem!
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Glad to hear it. Sorry it took so long!

Dan