Events page problem?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

haanes

Events page problem?

Post by haanes »

I am a new duster. On my events page the list of movies I've identified as containing possible tracks do not coincide with the movies I identified tracks in. I've clicked on every particle ID number on my events page and see no tracks in any of these movies nor do I remember ever seeing these movies with the VM. Am I missing the point of that section on the My Events Page? I thought that section lists the tracks I've identified that are not CMs. And that the corresponding number tells me how many other dusters identified the same potential track.

Thank you to anyone who can clear up my confusion here,

haanes
caprarom

Re: Events page problem?

Post by caprarom »

Well, hannes, your interpretation of the events log seems to be correct. You should find there any non-calibration movies you flagged as having potential candidate tracks, along with the number of other dusters who've examined and possibly flagged that same movie. So there is no confusion there.

I can't speak to the issue of the movies in your events log being totally unfamiliar to you. I don't know if anyone else has experienced that problem. If they have, perhaps they'll respond and Dan might be able to look into it. It's possible the Berkeley Team can confirm whether or not you've actually viewed the movies in your events log, but they might need a bit of time to investigate.

Meanwhile, good luck and welcome to the dusting community.

Mike C.
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Thanks Mike. And yes, we'll look into it haanes. But as Mike points out, if you're clicking Calibration Movies, you won't see those movies in your MyEvents page. But any movies that are there you should recognize.

I don't seem to recall this coming up before, but let me check with the techs and see what they can discover behind the scenes.

And thanks for joining the project!

More soon.

Dan
haanes

Post by haanes »

Yes, that is the issue. I'm not recognizing any of the movies on my Events Page and the ID numbers do not correspond to movies I clicked as containing a track. And, of course, my list of potential tracks on MY Events page is growing, so hmm. Thanks again for your checking on this--haanes
ERSTRS

Post by ERSTRS »

Re: Not recognizing slides on my Events List: I've had that problem even in Phase One. So I finally gave up in Phase One and didn't examine my Events anymore. I've done the same with Phase Three, because when I checked, I didn't recognize them, and couldn't find a Track in them. Right now, I have 23 Events and only six of them are mine, as far as I can determine. Certainly NONE of the dark, grainy ones in my Event List were put there by me, because I just click them off as "No Track" and let them pass. I'm glad this has come to our attention. I figured it was "just me," and never reported it.

ERSTRS
Evelyn
nitram819

Post by nitram819 »

I think that I might be able to explain why this is happening as it seems like it happened to me during phase 3 too.

I was in the office when it happened the other day, and I had two browser windows opened at the same time. Unfortunately I cannot recall exactly which browser I was using at that time, but i'm usually using Firefox when dusting and use IE for other stuff.

Anyway, I had Stardust VM opened in one of my browser (browser # 1 (Firefox)) and I had a second browser (browser #2(IE)) open OVER it. While I was browsing a few websites with browser # 2, I went back to my browser #1 which had Stardust Microscope open. I looked at my Events log and notice all these movies that I don't remember clicking on just like the rest of you guys.

Movie 2154273V1 37 1 Indeterminate
Movie 4660109V1 126 2 Indeterminate
Movie 1571601V1 16 1 Indeterminate
Movie 4152437V1 30 2 Indeterminate

I was using browser # 2 and clicking on stuff and had browser # 1 open right bellow it, not minimized. I figured out that when I was clicking on stuff on browser # 2, it would also click on browser # 1 even though it is hidden behind #2....

I'm not sure if the problem is with the Stardust website coding of it its a bug with Firefox/IE. I usually have both IE and Firefox open at the same time but I rarely have them open one over the other as I have dual monitors.

Ill try to recreate the issue sometime today and let you all know, im kinda busy at work right now since its Monday.

Martin
ERSTRS

Post by ERSTRS »

Mine isn't a brower problem. On my iMac, I have Camino dedicated to my Stardust@Home site, and never use any other browser for dusting. No other browsers are open when I'm dusting. My other browsers, Firefox and Safari, are each one dedicated to one site only, as well. This is VERY interesting---I can't wait to see where it ends up! ERSTRS
Evelyn
haanes

Post by haanes »

I am only using one browser, Explorer, as well. Thank you to everyone trying to sort this out!
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Hmmm... Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on this one, but I haven't heard from the techs yet. Obviously not a one-time case. Let me ask again - this is a mystery that should be solved.

Dan