Cannot LogIn on Stardust Website

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

KevinACourtney

Cannot LogIn on Stardust Website

Post by KevinACourtney »

Hi! I cannot login on the Stardust Website this morning...when I click the Login link, I get a page that just says:"Error from stardust: status: cannot open file."
I hope this can be fixed easy...Thank You!
Kevin
Lollia

Post by Lollia »

I cannot login and I receive the same message. :cry:
Longum iter est per praecepta, breve et efficax per exempla.
(The way is long if one follows the precepts, but short and effective if one follows patterns)

Lucius Annaeus Seneca - Epistulae Morales - Liber I
lantif

Post by lantif »

Hi,
i have the same problems :cry:

lantif
DanZ
Site Admin

Re: Cannot LogIn on Stardust Website

Post by DanZ »

Are you still having problems, or was it just a temporary server issue (which I would gather was the case)?

Dustpan Dan
SmithES

Post by SmithES »

Hey, DanZ, Robert, fjgiie, and anyone else on the moderator team. Many of us are having periods of great trouble logging on to both the Forums and the site itself. Due to Hacking, I hear. It took me weeks of trying every sort of thing to get the privilege of doing what I am right now---posting on the Forum! Maybe you should shut the whole system down and do a rehab on it? Then, begin a new phase 4 (e.g.) and let the old members who are still active re-register? While I'm at it, I'd like to suggest a new way of scoring points, too! The way we have earned points since I joined in 2006 has not changed. It is very discouraging to lose so many points with just one mistake! Then spend days of dusting to regain my position. This present system discourages me from clicking on something I think you should look at, because the movie might be a CM and I'll lose points if I click on it. (I've not learned how to tell a CM from a real movie) It would be nice to know that, too. Anyway, it seems to me that the whole system needs a good look-at.

Evelyn - ERSTRS
Dr.Ronald C. Spencer

Post by Dr.Ronald C. Spencer »

The same thing has happened to me as well folks. The Administrators tried at least a dozen times to get me up and running to no avail so I decided to take the training all over again and created a new account under my title Dr. Ronald C. Spencer and I am Dusting once again :) I am close to being in the Top 100 once again. Unfortunately I can no longer add points to my previous position #8 under the name Ronald C. Spencer. It's a shame that this has happened to anyone. So, just create a new account the way I did and you can Dust again.
Best Wishes to All.

Dr. Ronald C. Spencer
Astronomer's have Star's in their Eye's.
elainekeefe

Post by elainekeefe »

That's a shame Ron, Evelyn and others that have had trouble logging in. Although I and few others I have spoken to have had trouble logging into the forum ("too many attempts") I have never personally had trouble logging in to the dusting site. I hope the Stardust Administrators see fit to add your scores under your new name to your original scores when this phase ends. I hate to see all that hard work go uncredited.

And Ron, Happy Birthday! You're catching up to me now!

Elaine
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Sorry everyone, I've been embroiled in proposal writing for about a month. Is anyone still having problems logging in?

Dan
Soviet Mike

Post by Soviet Mike »

hello"

I cannot log in with the proper user/Password... says incorrect. I clicked on "forgot my password" filled it out to send a new password to my email
address but never received anything at all.

I tried several times to login but nothing even trying to get a new password via email did not even work.

I have had to re-name my self and start all over again viewing the images. :x

thank you

mike
DanZ
Site Admin

Post by DanZ »

Soviet Mike wrote:hello"

I cannot log in with the proper user/Password... says incorrect. I clicked on "forgot my password" filled it out to send a new password to my email
address but never received anything at all.

I tried several times to login but nothing even trying to get a new password via email did not even work.

I have had to re-name my self and start all over again viewing the images. :x

thank you

mike

Was your first username Soviet Mike?

Dan