Official Stardust@Home Issue & Status List UPDATED 10:57

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Thank you all for your reports of the javascript errors. Please see our updated FAQ post about this problem.

Thanks,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
cgbs2007

javascript wouldn't load movies

Post by cgbs2007 »

I am having this problem frequently (~3-4 in 50)-I don't really keep track of the number. Typically I refresh the image and it is ok; sometimes it is not enough and I will select bad focus. Occasionally, my score is affected.

I am not quite sure what to do when the script repeatedly won't load completely--should I log out?

It is a little disheartening to have my incorrect calibration score go up when I am just trying to get to a clean movie.

I am on the latest version of firefox and I use a wireless comcast modem to connect to the internet.

Thank you
Tom_Gutman

Re: javascript wouldn't load movies

Post by Tom_Gutman »

cgbs2007 wrote:I am having this problem frequently (~3-4 in 50)-I don't really keep track of the number. Typically I refresh the image and it is ok; sometimes it is not enough and I will select bad focus. Occasionally, my score is affected.

I am not quite sure what to do when the script repeatedly won't load completely--should I log out?

It is a little disheartening to have my incorrect calibration score go up when I am just trying to get to a clean movie.

I am on the latest version of firefox and I use a wireless comcast modem to connect to the internet.

Thank you
There's nothing you can do. The missing frames are simply not on the server, probably never actually uploaded. But choosing bad focus will never affect your score. Nor have I ever seen a calibration movie with missing frames.
Tom Gutman
fflo

Re: javascript wouldn't load movies

Post by fflo »

Tom_Gutman wrote:
cgbs2007 wrote:I am having this problem frequently (~3-4 in 50)-.......................
There's nothing you can do. The missing frames are simply not on the server, probably never actually uploaded. But choosing bad focus will never affect your score. Nor have I ever seen a calibration movie with missing frames.
Having viewed some 50,000 movies sofar, I can fully underscore what Tom Gutman wrote. Just remove the message and go on reviewing the movie, it is not a calibration movie!
So, by the way, I wonder whether the time spent by all those who try to list all the affected movies is really worthwhile :?: Alltogether, I think, it is not so big an issue.

And indefatigably we keep dusting :D
fflo
cgbs2007

thanks

Post by cgbs2007 »

Thanks, guys. I believe I have found my problem. I have mcafee installed and I think the 'parental controls' were causing problems. Being the parent, and not allowing any of my children on this computer I simply uninstalled the parental control software. This seems to have been the majority of my trouble.

I am really enjoying working with everyone on this problem. I only have 3000 or so movies viewed but just found the site a week ago.

Thank you again for your response. It was really driving me nuts.

Gale
seadog66

Movie 4241030V1

Post by seadog66 »

Clicked "No Track," got "Incorrect" score. Do you see a track there?
cgbs2007

'no track' 4241030V1

Post by cgbs2007 »

Seadog66, I would be happy to take a look; do you know how I can view the movie?
seadog66

Movie 4241030V1

Post by seadog66 »

Hi cgbs2007:
Am not sure how to advise re your question. U might try FAQ's. Thanks for the input.
seadog66
DustBuster
DustMod

Re: 'no track' 4241030V1

Post by DustBuster »

cgbs2007 wrote:Seadog66, I would be happy to take a look; do you know how I can view the movie?
There is no way to view a calibration movie without the entire URL from that page (the movie number will only bring up the real movie with that id).
cgbs2007

'no track' 4241030V1

Post by cgbs2007 »

Well, Seadog66, it won't help for this movie, but I can tell you that I had the same reaction to one a couple of days ago and I hit 'back' on my browser so I could review the movie. After some careful perusing I found a very small track on the very right of my screen that I had missed the first time around. You will get a message saying that you arrived at the movie via an 'unusual' route and that it won't affect your score, but I occasionally find it helpful to review a calibration movie after I have 'scored' it.

Good Luck!

Gale
cgbs2007

no track movie

Post by cgbs2007 »

Seadog66, someone sent me a private message with both the real movie and the calibration movie with the same number you were questioning.

I reviewed both movies and I don't see a track on either but I can't be certain about the calibration movie since I didn't view the movie in my regular session. As you know the calibration movies are comprised of two layers (the movie plus an added track) and I don't know for sure that the second layer comes with the first when they are viewed this way.

Not sure it helps at all that I agree with you and I am not at all sure what to do if you are correct, (I joined the same day you did.) But for what it is worth, I didn't see anything either.

Good luck and happy hunting

Gale
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Movie 4241030V1

Post by bmendez »

seadog66 wrote:Clicked "No Track," got "Incorrect" score. Do you see a track there?
Seadog 4241030V1 is a negative calibration movie. It has no dubbed track in it, so clicking "No Track" was the correct answer. We have had reports of random errors like this before and we require more information to be able to determine if the problem was on our side or the client-side.

Please see this FAQ Thread for more information.

Thanks,
Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH