Scanning Progress

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

endust

Scanning Progress

Post by endust »

As a casual duster, I was VERY pleased to see the milestones recently met by the stardust@home team. Congratulations all!! But.... It got me wondering how much gel had been scanned. When I went looking at the diagrams and a brief search in the news messages, I couldnt find any up to date progress report on how much had been scanned. The scan diagrams haven't been updated in a while. If your beginning extractions does that means scanning is complete?

Where are we and how much more to go?

Keep on Dusting
zod

Post by zod »

I´m concerned as well.
When can we expect new movies that no one has seen before?
Every real P2 movie I click on possible track has been seen by +/- 10 users.

What about the scanning progress and updating Picture Perfect?
Talk to us please :wink:
Image Image Image
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

Hi All,

We can't say for sure when we are going to be able to start up scanning again. We've been able to make several accomodations so that the Berkeley team can control the scanning with a minimum of time requirements on the fine folks at Johnson Space Center. We hope that we can begin new scanning within a month or so. Shortly thereafter new movies will be uploaded.

The "picture perfect" diagram does show the current progress of the scanning done so far.

I believe that Anna and Nicole have been working on putting up a few more high resolutions movies of tiles that have only so far had low resolution movies uploaded. A last horray for Phase 2, if you will.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
endust

Post by endust »

Thanks for the update Bryan sounds like things are moving forward if a bit slower than you would like. In your copius free time you might prepare a blurb on whats planned for, and when to expect, phase 3

Thanks again,
endust

keep on dusting