"Sensitivity" computetion

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

pier

"Sensitivity" computetion

Post by pier »

There is something wrong in my "Sensitivity" computation. The value does not move.

Thank you for your attention

Mopigi

pier

Error

Post by pier »

With reference to my previous message, please consider that the error is in the "Specificity" computation. The value does not move.

Please check also the "Sensitivity" parameter.

Thank you

Mopigi

pier

"Sensitivity" and "Specificity"

Post by pier »

Following my preceeding e-mails, please check again the way in which the values of "Sensitivity" and "Specificity" are calculated.

In my opinion there is something wrong.

Thank you

Pier

My user name in the ranking list is "mopigi"

DustSabre

Post by DustSabre »

Uh, what's the point of this post? :?: Why didn't you just send them an email? If they aren't responding to that, they probably won't respond here, either. I haven't seen anything wrong with the calculations, but if you think there's something amiss, post a detailed thread on it and let us discuss it. :wink:

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Error

Post by bmendez »

pier wrote:With reference to my previous message, please consider that the error is in the "Specificity" computation. The value does not move.

Please check also the "Sensitivity" parameter.

Thank you

Mopigi
Okay,

So, if I understand you correctly, you are not seeing a change in your sensitivity or specificity scores. What value are they holding at, 0%, 100%, something else?

Is it possible that you have simply missed every CM so that it would stay at 0% or that you have answered every CM correctly so that it would stay at 100%. Or if the values are staying at something like 70% is it possible that you are just happening to answer CM correctly and incorrectly at a rate that would keep the score at 70%.

Sensitivity = (# of calibration movies with tracks correct)/(# of calibration movies with tracks viewed)

Specificity = (# of calibration movies without tracks correct)/(# of calibration movies without tracks viewed)

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH