Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

foxholes

Advice re login details please

Post by foxholes »

I just joined Stardust@Home yesterday and was enjoying trying to spot the tracks when the website suddenly 'threw me out' and would not allow me to log back in. Seemed to be a password problem.

I asked for a new password and was expecting an email with the details but it never arrived and now I can't log in, and it seems it is not possible to create another account - I tried to but the site would not allow me to take the test again.

There appear to be no contact details to get this resolved - does anyone have any advice?
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Advice re login details please

Post by bmendez »

foxholes wrote:I just joined Stardust@Home yesterday and was enjoying trying to spot the tracks when the website suddenly 'threw me out' and would not allow me to log back in. Seemed to be a password problem.

I asked for a new password and was expecting an email with the details but it never arrived and now I can't log in, and it seems it is not possible to create another account - I tried to but the site would not allow me to take the test again.

There appear to be no contact details to get this resolved - does anyone have any advice?
Sorry foxholes. Was that your user name as well on the VM? I'll have our tech guys find out what is going on.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
Groundling

Post by Groundling »

Hi foxholes;
I don't khow all of the ways that the system works, but this morning when I tried to log on, I also got an update warning from microsoft.(lack of capitallizition intentional). I was looking at my events at the time but was not able to log in. That is to say, the prompt said that I must log on!
This may be just a conflict in the system and by now, there is no problem.
???
Groundling
I have met the enemy and he is us.
Pogo
corvus_in_kizu

unable to log in

Post by corvus_in_kizu »

Hi. I've had the same problem since last night. I even tried changing my password only to be denied again a couple of hours later. Both times when it happened, it was sudden. I was in the middle of using the virtual microscope. I currently cannot log in to participate. I have not observed anything out of the ordinary on my computer and have no reason to believe it is something on my end. Please help!
laserphil

Post by laserphil »

Hi All,
Just like the others who have this problem I have had it also. I had been dusting for some time yesterday, logged out to take a break and had the error " you do not have access to this page login or go to home". Each time I tried to log in access was denied.

The same thing happened tonight.

Is anyone else experiencing very slow loading speed with the movies? I have been getting download speeds as low as 1KB/s. Have also had to use the refresh button about every two or three movies.
foxholes

Re: Advice re login details please

Post by foxholes »

bmendez wrote:
foxholes wrote:I just joined Stardust@Home yesterday and was enjoying trying to spot the tracks when the website suddenly 'threw me out' and would not allow me to log back in. Seemed to be a password problem.

Sorry foxholes. Was that your user name as well on the VM? I'll have our tech guys find out what is going on.

-Bryan
Hi Bryan

Thanks for your response. Yes, my user name on the Vm is also Foxholes. I am wondering whether I made a mistake in typing my email address when I registered and that is why I didn't receive the email about a new password? If so can you access my email address via this forum or do I need to pm it to you?

Helen