Where to click???

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

marcia

Where to click???

Post by marcia »

I clicked on a movie, convinced there was a track (moving dot). It seems to be a CM, and I was scored wrong. (The number was 8262415V1, but I know that doesn't help with CM's). I am sure, but who knows, that there were no other tracks.
My question: where do I have the click in case of this kind of tracks. On the deepest point, like the High Angle Tracks'???
jsmaje

Re: Where to click???

Post by jsmaje »

marcia wrote:... (The number was 8262415V1, but I know that doesn't help with CM's)....
Actually it's not true that you can't view CMs, only that they aren't accessible via the usual VM viewer url, i.e. http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... er.php?id=.........

However, by using http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... eck_movie=........ instead, CMs will pop up without any problem.
Try it (here's your 8262415V1 for example). You'll need to be logged on to the VM for it to work, not just the forums.

Alternatively, you can copy the full url in the address bar, though obviously the CM has to be on screen at the time.

John
Last edited by jsmaje on Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcia

Post by marcia »

Thanks for the tip.
I think now that I 'just' was scored wrong on a CM that had a track. Next time I will post it immediately.
Marcia
bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Post by bmendez »

marcia wrote:Thanks for the tip.
I think now that I 'just' was scored wrong on a CM that had a track. Next time I will post it immediately.
Marcia
Sorry marcia,

That is a CM that I've requested be removed, it appears that it hasn't yet. I'll ask again.

-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH
startrak

Possibilities

Post by startrak »

On CM 4344092V1, I can see 5 possibilities and apparently at least one of them is a track as a no track click gave me a wrong score. Honestly don't know what I should have been looking for.
gregson

CM 4344092V1

Post by gregson »

It's the one at 405, 288. Do you notice the small dot that move slightly to the left as you descend the focal plane? That's the cone of entry which gets smaller and smaller as the particle slows down. I've seen one real track that shows this characteristic.
John
startrak

CM4344092V1

Post by startrak »

Would like to look at the CM again but unfortunately have no idea how to retrieve it. Obviously there is a way but it eludes me -- can you help? Sorry to have to ask that.
fflo

Re: CM4344092V1

Post by fflo »

startrak wrote:Would like to look at the CM again but unfortunately have no idea how to retrieve it. Obviously there is a way but it eludes me -- can you help? Sorry to have to ask that.
Hi startrak,
You can get to your CM via
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =4344092V1

N.B.: You can use any movie number.

By the way: I encountered the same CM, "knew" that it was a CM and chose one of the 5 possibilities - a wrong one, despite my "experience". Never mind :)
Thanks to smart gregson for his message.

fflo

from dust we come - for dust we search - to dust we go
startrak

CM4344092V1

Post by startrak »

Guess that one kind of took me by surprise -- remembering Phase I remark "tracks don't show on the surface". Something else to think about. My thanks to both gregson and fflo.