Partial Image set loading issues

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

dannyhcox

Partial Image set loading issues

Post by dannyhcox »

I have been routinely seeing a situation where the image set loads with only 80-90% and the loading bar clearly reflects this. When I view the slide, I can see that portions are missing. Fortunately, in almost all cases, the missing data is not needed in order to locate tracks (usually they are test sets).

Also,

I have seen other image sets where they may or may not load completely, but the focus bar only displays about 30-50% of the normal focus bar; and it does little if anything.

The symptoms are reproducible on two different systems (both XP with different patch levels, one with IE7, one with IE6.x), and in two different network topologies.

The systems have sufficient RAM and CPU power, and little else is running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Partial Image set loading issues

Post by bmendez »

dannyhcox wrote:I have been routinely seeing a situation where the image set loads with only 80-90% and the loading bar clearly reflects this. When I view the slide, I can see that portions are missing. Fortunately, in almost all cases, the missing data is not needed in order to locate tracks (usually they are test sets).

Also,

I have seen other image sets where they may or may not load completely, but the focus bar only displays about 30-50% of the normal focus bar; and it does little if anything.

The symptoms are reproducible on two different systems (both XP with different patch levels, one with IE7, one with IE6.x), and in two different network topologies.

The systems have sufficient RAM and CPU power, and little else is running.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Danny
This is a problem that occurs during the scan of the field of view. If the frames available are not enough to make a good decision, then click "Bad Focus".

Thanks,
-Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH