Question about the review of clicked movies

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

WorWizard

Question about the review of clicked movies

Post by WorWizard »

I have a question for those that review the movies that have been clicked on as having a possible particle track.

When you review the movie, do you note where the area of click took place on the screen and note it, or do you simply review the whole movie?

This could also answer the question about multipule possible tracks on a single movie.

WW

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: Question about the review of clicked movies

Post by bmendez »

WorWizard wrote:I have a question for those that review the movies that have been clicked on as having a possible particle track.

When you review the movie, do you note where the area of click took place on the screen and note it, or do you simply review the whole movie?

This could also answer the question about multipule possible tracks on a single movie.

WW
Our reviewers look everywhere in the whole movie. The click location is used as an initial guide and will eventually be helpful in determining naming rights.

Indeed, that is why if there appears to be more than one thing of interest in a movie, simply click on one of them.

But again, two interstellar tracks in a single frame is extremely unlikely.

Thanks,
Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH

WorWizard

Post by WorWizard »

Thank you. that explanes a lot

WW

WorWizard

Re: Question about the review of clicked movies

Post by WorWizard »

bmendez wrote: But again, two interstellar tracks in a single frame is extremely unlikely.

Thanks,
Bryan
Just a feeling, But, I think that your team will be more than peasantly surprised at what you get from this. I think there will be only 5 to 10 large ones, but I have the feeling that there will be hundreds on ones that are 1 micron and less in size.

WW