WAY TOO SLOW

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Groundling

Time?

Post by Groundling »

Hi there;
You're not listening to fjgiie.
The site has not reset from daylight savings.
GMT -8 Hrs.
Groundling
I have met the enemy and he is us.
Pogo
Ronald C. Spencer

Movie Loading

Post by Ronald C. Spencer »

It appears that Amazon.Com has not gotten a handle on the movie loading glitch experienced by volunteers.
Would Stardust staff PLEASE! get on those folks. :evil:
Howie

Amazon is ticking me off!!!

Post by Howie »

I know they volunteered to do this for free and I have been told that they are working on it???

But, since last Friday it is getting worse!!!

Site just went down, stopped, at about 4:45 pm est for me in Florida???

Really frustrating!!!

Howie
Howie

Site stopped for me at 4:45pm est Florida

Post by Howie »

Amazon is a big company!!!

They should not be having this problem, even though they are doing this for Stardust voluntary, but it seems we are like, last on the list of service???

Wish I could get someone else to volunteer, like Earthlink/Embark!!!

Howie
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

The problems persist.
Lots of Javascript errors and servers perform like connected to a cable modem. :(
Not better at European Sunrise (should correlate with low traffic caused by American volunteers). Thus, the problems are obviously not caused by heavy traffic.
Wir leben in einer Zeit vollkommener Mittel und verworrener Ziele. (Albert Einstein)
Howie

The problem comes and goes???

Post by Howie »

Hi All around the world!!!

It goes real good for awhile, then slows down or stops, or, all of a sudden here come the crazy Jave Scripts up to maybe three times???

I am thinking of going on the net and see if some big servor wants to take over, like Microsoft? Ha Ha Ha!!!

By the way I just learned Microsoft is just about ready to release Vista and many other programs, so that is changing the whole internet system...
I bought a XP Legal version on line last week and was notified that microsoft, has stopped delivering it and some others???

Howie
stardust1

Re: The problem comes and goes???

Post by stardust1 »

Howie wrote: ... I am thinking of going on the net and see if some big servor wants to take over, like Microsoft? Ha Ha Ha!!!...
Howie,
I guess, this would be the very very first time, the mentioned company would do ANYTHING free of charge.
Good luck!
Wir leben in einer Zeit vollkommener Mittel und verworrener Ziele. (Albert Einstein)
Lamperti

Amazon servers

Post by Lamperti »

Perhaps Amazon will upgrade or at least pay attention to Stardust managers' complaints when Stardust begins to withhold any more payments to them. :!:
WorWizard

Download errors

Post by WorWizard »

Lastnight the site was great. Today I have been on for 45 minutes now and have downloaded and viewed 7 movies. Every one of then has at least one java script error. any ideas when Amazon will correct this? It's becoming frustrating. I'd love to help if I can. Just let me know what I can do. As far as viewing movies. I have to leave in an hour but I think I can get in another 10 or so. What does Amazon say is the problem. It's past slow and almost completely stalled out. The forums work ok though

Wor Wizard
Pierre Pallier

Still waiting...

Post by Pierre Pallier »

... say my browser...
"Waiting for s3.amazonaws.com"
It's impossible to work now.
Too slow, impossible to download a complete movie since two days (I'm French, so I start Virtual Microscope after 17:00 UTC).
Argh... :cry:
Pierre
Howie

Hang in There All,

Post by Howie »

I just came home and the site is out!!!

Won't load or anything!!!

I learned from a Stardust Team Source that Their server Amazon is doing this as a freebee and they also have had some site problems for a week ago Friday!!!

Give it till this weekend to see if they fix it!!!

Thank the team for what they are going through!!!

Howie
Howie

Site at a stanstill again when I came Home ...

Post by Howie »

At 4 pm est I got on and it went nowhere???

Got conectted, and there was the Java barrage and then it just stopped loading!!!

I am going to talk to someone tomorrow about maybe donating their servor for this cause!!!
They are big and maybe , they will take this on as a feather in their cap and more advertising for them, I do not take offense with Amazon, but a week of this problem and their site with us???

Something is wrong???

Howie
stardust1

Post by stardust1 »

Top speed now!
Nothing to complain.
Hope this will go on.
WorWizard

top apeed

Post by WorWizard »

It's been running great from 1800 est to 2400 est. so far so good

Wor Wizard
WorWizard

weird stuff

Post by WorWizard »

ok from 0000 hrs EST to 0200 hrs EST great performance. I went to sleep and started again at around 1030 hrs est till 2000 hrs est all was well then at approx 2030 hrs EST (-5 GMT) the site died on me. I will re-start the cpu and let you know. I'm not sure if this helps but you never know.

Wor Wizard