What to do with more than one track?

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

denisw

What to do with more than one track?

Post by denisw »

For better or for worse, in movie id : 3477109V1 I think I see 2 tracks. What I did was click on one, then go back to the movie and click on the other.
I have no idea how this will affect the program, so I wondered if there is a proper procedure for marking 2 on the same movie? (Not that it will happen often, I guess :o)

Denis

Gamma^Ray

Post by Gamma^Ray »

It does happen occasionally, I just pick the one you think looks the best out of them (As there could be more than 2), Click on it as a particle track, And then goto the next movie. Usually if you go back to the same movie twice, It will not accept the second one you go back to and try to click on. It usually will say something similar underneath where it says Images loaded for next movie.

G^R
A.Einstein wrote:"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once."

neacf

problem with 6254774V1

Post by neacf »

I had two images in a single frame and it went in my events by mistake .
How can I remove this?

fjgiie
DustMod

Change an Answer

Post by fjgiie »

Hi neacf,
See this link for an answer:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=466

and see this link for your movie:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =6254774V1
Are you sure this is the correct movie number?

haruchai

Re: What to do with more than one track?

Post by haruchai »

denisw wrote:For better or for worse, in movie id : 3477109V1 I think I see 2 tracks. What I did was click on one, then go back to the movie and click on the other.
I have no idea how this will affect the program, so I wondered if there is a proper procedure for marking 2 on the same movie? (Not that it will happen often, I guess :o)

Denis
I don't think there are any tracks in that movie. The focus just shifts from one side of the gel to the other. The two dots are part way down the slope.

bmendez
Stardust@home Team
Stardust@home Team

Re: What to do with more than one track?

Post by bmendez »

denisw wrote:For better or for worse, in movie id : 3477109V1 I think I see 2 tracks. What I did was click on one, then go back to the movie and click on the other.

Denis

In the amazingly unlikely case of two interstellar dust particles tracks in a single focus movie, simply click on one of them.

Thanks,
Bryan
"I am made from the dust of the stars, and the oceans flow in my veins"
- RUSH