couting error help

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

marshall

couting error help

Post by marshall »

I am having my first problem re the scores. I was on 160 wrongly answered and am now 184 and I am clicking on particles for example track
8130016v1 has a particile and yet has scored me incorrectly. Can anyone tell me how I can stop this as it is making my score go backwards and it's frustrating. :(
jsmaje

Re: couting error help

Post by jsmaje »

marshall wrote:I am having my first problem re the scores. I was on 160 wrongly answered and am now 184 and I am clicking on particles for example track
8130016v1 has a particile and yet has scored me incorrectly. Can anyone tell me how I can stop this as it is making my score go backwards and it's frustrating. :(
Having 184 wrongly answered seems unusually high to me (unless you've looked at tens of thousands) - are you sure you're clicking exactly ON suspected tracks not simply anywhere in the frame? When clicking, the coordinates are logged, and if you don't click on the track itself (or within the 30 pixel tolerance zone) you will be scored wrong. Rescaling/zooming etc. can also cause incorrect coordinates. See this thread:I answered a calibration movie right but was scored wrong.

By the way, calibration movies cannot be reviewed except via one's own browser back button. So, plugging your movie (which must have been a calibration, since only these are scored) 8130016V1 into the MyEvents viewer just shows a real movie with the same number, and looks like "bad focus" to me. No track.

Also remember that we are very unlikely to see the actual particles responsible for tracks.
fjgiie
DustMod

Trouble with score

Post by fjgiie »

Hi marshall,
marshall wrote:I was on 160 wrongly answered and am now 184
here is what I would recommend:

Read in this forum about the problems other people have had.
You may want to go back through the tutorial, there is no limit on number of times you may view the tutorial. I look at it often.
When viewing the tutorial, click on the tracks.

Then, after learning what a track looks like, start over with a new user-name and try to improve your score.

Be sure to click right on the tracks when you see one.
Do not just click on anything, click on tracks, or what looks like a track.
Tracks are always beneath the surface of the Aerogel or just beneath the surface.

Do you agree with this? It may be the best thing to do, but read first and
find out all you can before starting over.

Your friend,

fjgiie