Is this a browser problem? (window scrolling)

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

michelle305

Is this a browser problem? (window scrolling)

Post by michelle305 »

I am using IE version 6.0. When I scroll up and down to focus- the entire window sometimes moves up and down. So I have to stop and click on where I am supposed to be. I happens rather often, and is time consuming and irritating. Is it the browser I am using? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks for your time. Michelle
DustBuster
DustMod

Post by DustBuster »

Hi michelle305.

I'm not sure I've read about this particular error yet.
Does your mouse have a scroll wheel? Is there a possibility that you are pressing (clicking) the scroll wheel while the page is loading?

Here is a link to the Tech FAQ that lists some known browser problems.
icebike

Re: Is this a browser problem?

Post by icebike »

michelle305 wrote:I am using IE version 6.0. When I scroll up and down to focus- the entire window sometimes moves up and down. So I have to stop and click on where I am supposed to be. I happens rather often, and is time consuming and irritating. Is it the browser I am using? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks for your time. Michelle
This can happen in IE if you happen to click the mouse wheel (or have some of the other IE "accessability options" turned on. That can cause it to latch onto the screen and scroll it rather than allowing the mouse to move.

Are you using a real mouse or a touch pad. (I had to abandon use of a touch pad, just too many weird things happening).

In any event, wonder on over to firefox download site and try another browser.
michelle305

Thank you!

Post by michelle305 »

I hadn't thought of some of those issues. Especially using the touch pad. I am on a laptop, but I just bought a mouse for it- so hopefully I won't have that problem anymore. I would like to try another browser though. Thanks.
mover

Post by mover »

Hello Michelle,

I've had that problem a few times, too, and I am using Opera (mouse gestures turned off, so that's not it).
I think it is because I am using a touchpad, it seems to happen when I rest my finger too long on the touchpad.
But now I've trained myself not to do that and it rarely happens anymore.
See the universe in a grain of dust...
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

I know that with some touchpads, if you a touching it on the right edge, it acts the same as a mouse wheel.