Calibration movie changes the second time you look at it

Post here if you are having any kind of problem with the Stardust@home website.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Aileron

Calibration movie changes the second time you look at it

Post by Aileron »

I realize this will sound strange and I have no way to prove it, but I will share it anyway, in hopes that someone else has experienced the same thing: I hadn't used the microscope for about a week, but today I logged on and viewed about 50 real movies. One difference that I noticed from a week ago, is that now calibration movies seemed to come in bunches (i.e. 10-15 real movies then 2-4 calibration movies). The second thing that happened was I apparently marked 2 calibration movies as having a track, when they did not. However, I was sure that both of those calibration movies had a track, and for the second one I managed to keep the movie ID, 3758627V1. After it said I was wrong, I went back and looked at the movie again, using a link such as this: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =3758627V1. The movie had changed!! Now, it clearly did not have a track, as you can see by following that link. Am I going crazy, or has anyone else seen this behaviour?
Jwb52z

Post by Jwb52z »

Calibration movies have the same ID number as some real movies on occasion. No one except the Stardust Team can view calibration movies in the manner you describe. The movie you saw WAS a different movie when you thought you were going back to look at your calibration movie. This has all been explained elsewhere on the forum. I think this thread should be locked.
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

The situation seems to have been resolved. Remember, you can not plug a calibration movie # into the viewer. This seems to be coming up a lot this week. This thread is being locked.