Lotsa bad focus movies

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

entropydave

Lotsa bad focus movies

Post by entropydave »

Is it just fluke, or me... but I seem to be getting a phenomenal amount of bad focus movies.
Actually I wish I'd counted the numbers to give you all a ratio ( :( ) so I haven't quantified anything so it is just a feeling.
Anyone else having the same thoughts?
"I have the most excellent proof that x^3=y^3+z^3, however my signature is too small to contain it..."
Wolter
DustMod

Post by Wolter »

When you look at this post: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=124 you will notice that some tiles have more bad focus movies then others.
The processing is currently being done on a per tile basis. So as long as the percentage of bad focus movies is not to high the complete set of movies will be uploaded. So once in a while the number of bad focus movies will be higher then "normal". Also the random way the movies are presented to you VM can cause a stream of bad focus movies to one particular user.
Just dusting... Image
TimStrange
DustMod

Post by TimStrange »

I've been seeing a lot more out of focus and I feel my real movie to cal movie ratio shows this. At the beginning, the ratio was about 3 or 4 real to 1 cal. Now, because of clicking so many real movies as "Bad Focus" (which don't get counted towards real movies viewd), my ratio is now 2 to 1