where's the track?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Locked
jovada
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

where's the track?

Post by jovada »

9343549V1
I couldn't find a track in this callibration movie. And I don't know what link I have to post to show you what I mean...
Can anyone help?

geckzilla
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:05 am

Post by geckzilla »

If it's still in your browser, go back to it and paste the section of the url that says this in it:

ondeck_movie_id=45092

Except that it will have your movie id. Movies are given two IDs. One of them seems to be one given during the scanning process and has some meaning to it (like V1 = Version 1, I think) whereas the other movie ID is assigned incrementally as the movies are added to the database.

jovada
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:32 am
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by jovada »

Then it's too late, I'm afraid :)

KarMann
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: Milwaukee, WI, USA
Contact:

Post by KarMann »

geckzilla wrote:If it's still in your browser, go back to it and paste the section of the url that says this in it:

ondeck_movie_id=45092

Except that it will have your movie id. Movies are given two IDs. One of them seems to be one given during the scanning process and has some meaning to it (like V1 = Version 1, I think) whereas the other movie ID is assigned incrementally as the movies are added to the database.
But not the calibration movies. For those, you can only post the full URL for the page, and put up with the "unusual route" message it's going to give you. (I suspect some of the variables could be chopped out for brevity, but it's probably not worth the trouble, as long as people use the

Code: Select all

[url=http://...]link name[/url]
format rather than posting the whole bare URL.)
If you try using a calibration movie's apparent ID # in the myevents_viewer, you won't see the same movie.
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma

icebike

Re: where's the track?

Post by icebike »

jovada wrote:9343549V1
I couldn't find a track in this callibration movie. And I don't know what link I have to post to show you what I mean...
Can anyone help?
You can't post links to calibration movies anyway. Verboten!
You would get a real movie according to the mods.

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... =9343549V1

astro_kmb
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:49 pm

also missed a track in a calibration movie

Post by astro_kmb »

to the VM team...

regarding jovada's query

would it be possible to show where the track is in a calibration movie if we miss one, so that we can continue to train ourselves what to look for?

i'm thinking, after clicking 'no track' and it happens to be a calibration movie with a track, a slide comes up that points out where the track is, much like the tutorial training.

that would be REALLY helpful and, i believe, would continually enhance the accuracy of participants.

geckzilla
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:05 am

Post by geckzilla »

Oops, I had no idea. In any case, they updated it so now it's just using one ID anyway. Went to the ID in the original post and it is obviously not a calibration movie. Guess we'll never figure it out.

genorb
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 9:10 am
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: also missed a track in a calibration movie

Post by genorb »

astro_kmb wrote:to the VM team...

regarding jovada's query

would it be possible to show where the track is in a calibration movie if we miss one, so that we can continue to train ourselves what to look for?

i'm thinking, after clicking 'no track' and it happens to be a calibration movie with a track, a slide comes up that points out where the track is, much like the tutorial training.

that would be REALLY helpful and, i believe, would continually enhance the accuracy of participants.
Yes I think also that this would be VERY useful to continue to train ourselves.

thingfish47
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:10 am

where's the track?

Post by thingfish47 »

Feedback on missed tracks is (imho) essential. Very frustrating to have missed one, but be unable to find out what was missed.

sb126k
DustMod
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 5:47 am
Location: Charlevoix, MI (AKA, Tourist Town, USA)

Post by sb126k »

Shouldn't this be in the 'I answered a calibration movie right but was scored wrong' thread in the FAQ's topic?
You rang?

DustBuster
DustMod
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: Horsetown, USA

Post by DustBuster »

sb126k wrote:Shouldn't this be in the 'I answered a calibration movie right but was scored wrong' thread in the FAQ's topic?
Yes, thanks sb.

Please re-post your message in the "I answered a calibration movie right but was scored wrong." topic here http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=473.

Thanks.

(locked 8/21)
No dessert for you- ONE MONTH!

Locked