Short of movies?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

zuben el genubi

Short of movies?

Post by zuben el genubi »

It must be because I've just gotten the same movie twice in a 20 second span.
fjgiie
DustMod

How many movies

Post by fjgiie »

Hi zuben el genubi,

I know you have probably seen this page:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... c.php?t=78
Look it over. The green ones are about 4000 movies each that are ready. All the rest of the tiles are yet to be done and will come on-line as we go.

Thanks,

fjgiie
zuben el genubi

Post by zuben el genubi »

Hey fjgiie.

Yes I did.

Lots of green,great job!

Cheers
icebike

Re: How many movies

Post by icebike »

fjgiie wrote:Hi zuben el genubi,

I know you have probably seen this page:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... c.php?t=78
Look it over. The green ones are about 4000 movies each that are ready. All the rest of the tiles are yet to be done and will come on-line as we go.

Thanks,

fjgiie
Can movie numbers be attributed to any specific tile (by us - without resorting to your database)?
fjgiie
DustMod

Which tile did this movie come from?

Post by fjgiie »

Hi icebike,
icebike wrote:Can movie numbers be attributed to any specific tile (by us - without resorting to your database)?
The short answer is no.

The reason is that the movie numbers relate to coordinates on the collector(which holds the tiles) not to each tile. This way the microscope can return to those coordinates without regard to which tile it is.

This collector: Image

Thanks,
fjgiie
greuti

Post by greuti »

Hi fjgiie,

However, it would be great to have an overlook where each movie is located on the collector. If the movie numbers (ID number right?) relate to coordinates, is it possible to explain how they're related and is there even a coordinate map from the collector that you can post here?

Thanks

greuti
fjgiie
DustMod

Tile to movie

Post by fjgiie »

Hi greuti,
greuti wrote:it would be great to have an overlook where each movie is located on the collector. If the movie numbers (ID number right?) relate to coordinates, is it possible to explain how they're related and is there even a coordinate map from the collector that you can post here?
The plan is to try to give tile numbers with the updates about TOP clicked movies. Keep a lookout for these updates, and realize this will take time.

The coordinate map would not do you any good, as the movie ID numbers are scrambled in the VM. Actually I don't believe there is a map that we can get a copy of.
Thanks,

fjgiie
Nikita
DustMod

Post by Nikita »

But wouldn't that be cool! I'd love to see in the end a map of where the specs were on the collector! That way, we could see how and where they hit. Guess I'll be waiting a while, this puppy's going to be around a few months....
From dust we come