seven people thought so... don't know why though

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

dashadeaux

Post by dashadeaux »

Beltegeuze:
What are the coordinates, not seeing a track in this movie.
Pingpang

Post by Pingpang »

Betelgeuze wrote:Yeah the stats dont make a lot of sence, some things that are nothing get a lot of marks, and this one for example only got only 9 marks after 53 viewings while I clearly see a track:
http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=47394
The dot in the upper left corner is not a track and I can't find anything else that looks like a track. IMHO the surface is just tilted.
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

can you be sure that's not a track? i'd mark it... its really clear enough at this rez
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Pingpang

Post by Pingpang »

I'd probably mark it as bad focus.
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

:oops: you're totally right. wow. good call.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

Pingpang wrote:I'd probably mark it as bad focus.
I have to agree with Pingpang -- I'd mark it as bad focus also. If there was only that single speck, I would have clicked on it. The fact that there are two of them, however, plus that bit of aerogel that doesn't quite come into focus...

IMHO "bad focus" is indeed the correct answer.

Just my tuppence ;)

-Shar
Cyphers1011

Post by Cyphers1011 »

I think it would be useful to see what the tracks really look like as they get them verified. I got alot of useful information in some other sections of the forum on what the crater looking spots might be and things like that. It is hard to go by calibration movies only as they may not be the same thing. The ones I have noted are alot smaller for the most part.

Perhaps and explaination of some of the slides that look like tracks but are not. It will probably happen in time as they go through them all.
KarMann

Post by KarMann »

Yeah, I was shocked to see that movie 29710 was only clicked by 9 out of 23 (including myself) at the time I came across it, now up to 12/33. Only about 1/3 see something notworthy there??? :shock:
Let it never be said that your **** retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results. - Loki, Dogma
jcbc

Post by jcbc »

KarMann wrote:Yeah, I was shocked to see that movie 29710 was only clicked by 9 out of 23 (including myself) at the time I came across it, now up to 12/33. Only about 1/3 see something notworthy there??? :shock:
I would click that one as "Bad Focus". The bottom of the image never comes into focus.

JCBC
tshoulihane

Post by tshoulihane »

What are people's best agreement rates? Best I have is about 20%, a group at 10%, and the rest where noone else agrees with me.

Sean
jcbc

Post by jcbc »

tshoulihane wrote:What are people's best agreement rates?
The highest agreement rate I have is 37% right now.

JCBC
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Oddly enough, the agreement rate of THIS movie is higher... and it's a bad focus.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
petterip

Re: seven people thought so... don't know why though

Post by petterip »

Orion_0169 wrote: So, I flagged this one, ...
I apologize my English and that I'm not up to the terminology yet, but do you mean "clicked Bad Focus" when telling you "flagged"... :?:

Reading through this topic I would assume that you do, but just to be sure.

Viewed the movie and I would click on "Bad Focus" - one cannot really see below the surface. :roll:
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Petterip,

Your English appears sufficient! :) Yes, by flagged "put up a red flag" bringing attention to...

Clicked.

;-)

And yes, Bad Focus because of where the surface is. That's my whole point. Given so many people did NOT do that wit this movie.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
petterip

Post by petterip »

Got the point! Thanks Orion :D