Question and suggestion about possible multiple tracks

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Driven1

Question and suggestion about possible multiple tracks

Post by Driven1 »

Concerning Movie 41798

Number one, I accidentally closed my browser while documenting this movie. Is there anyway that I can get it back to mark or perhaps someone from the Stardust Team to mark it for me and provide credit for it? If not, it's ok. It just would have been really nice to be able to claim this movie.

Number two, here's why, mind you, these are all from the same movie. I know what I'm looking for and my stats are excellent.

This pic is of the Movie at Full Up focus. You will notice that at full up, that the surface is very nearly, but not quite in focus. It is not possible to get clear focus on the Aerogel surface of the movie...

The next pic is down to about 60% down focus. I have marked a possible track with a red circle...

The next photo is approximately 75% down focus. You'll notice that the track descibed above blurs from focus and two more appear. They are much, much, smaller. I have also marked them with red circles...

The Final pic is at 100% down focus. You'll notice that the two possible tracks described above blur out and two new ones appear...

I realize that it is highly improbable to have 5 tracks in the same movie, but not impossible.

Here's a link to the full movie...

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=41798

Here's the suggestion. Because I was having such a hard time deciding what possible track to mark, is there a way that the Stardust Team could come up with a way to mark multiple possible tracks on a movie or at least be able to go back to the movie to mark the additional possible tracks?

Any comments are welcome!
the moon

Post by the moon »

Just marking one is good enough. They're gonna take a good look at any movie that's flagged by many people so you don't have to worry about them missing tracks just cause they aren't where you marked it.
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

The problem, as I see it...

The first one you circle starts off showing out of focus rings. Then comes into focus. Then shows out of focus rings again. Which would seem to indicate that it is nothing more than something in the gel. Rather than something that has penetrated the gel.

And so on...
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.