Why there are so many tracks in Movie id: 1xxxxA/B?

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

YOMAR_II

Why there are so many tracks in Movie id: 1xxxxA/B?

Post by YOMAR_II »

pardon my English.............
Sharqua
DustMod

Post by Sharqua »

YOMAR,

Your English is just fine! Welcome to Stardust@Home!

The range of focus movies you are referring to is the current range for the calibration movies. You'll probably also notice that your rank statistics go up each time you answer one of them.

You'll probably also notice that the quality of the image is slightly lower in the calibration movies than in the others. They are aware of this.

Happy dusting!

-Shar
YOMAR_II

Post by YOMAR_II »

Sharqua wrote:YOMAR,

Your English is just fine! Welcome to Stardust@Home!

The range of focus movies you are referring to is the current range for the calibration movies. You'll probably also notice that your rank statistics go up each time you answer one of them.

You'll probably also notice that the quality of the image is slightly lower in the calibration movies than in the others. They are aware of this.

Happy dusting!

-Shar
thanks you for answer me
ToSeek

Post by ToSeek »

They seem to have renumbered the movies so this is no longer a problem, though I still seem to have a knack for picking them out even before I spot the track.
If you're going to be just like everyone else, what's the point in existing?
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

the new numbering system appears to be just a facade... the old id system still appears to have the underlying functionality. for example: my events still uses the old numbering system. :? confusing.
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
Orion_0169

Post by Orion_0169 »

Amusing actually. in a bit of a rush, I didn't rotate my screen. So when I started working again earlier, I noticed the ID's were different, but the address bar stuff is unchanged. Going back to portrait now so it won't matter. To me anyway! ;-) At this point I find them more a nuisance than anything else, given how many I've been through. Easing up the ratio as you go on would be nice. Even dropping to 1 in 5 would be a start.
Je ne peux pas regarder la Mer sans me demander qui vit au-delà de cela.
mwhiz

Post by mwhiz »

@orion: so true! too many calibration movies.... starts to feel like a lot of wasted time. although calibration movies usually take 1-2 seconds it starts to add up
"The Earth is the cradle of mankind, but one cannot live in the cradle forever."
~Konstantin Tsiolkovsky