What is going on with movies 39000-43000

Archived here are older posts which are no longer relevant or were redundant.

Moderators: Stardust@home Team, DustMods

Sasari

What is going on with movies 39000-43000

Post by Sasari »

So far I've determined movies 9999 and below are calibration movies with no track. Movies 10000 to ~14000 have a high chance at a calibration track.

What really intrigues me though are a lot of the movies in the 39000 to 43000 range.

A majority of the tracks found are coming from these movies. They are tiny specs that seem like potential tracks. Why so many in this area though? Some movies even have 2-6 of these marks on them. These hardly show up on the "real" movies in the 20k 30k or 50k range.

Is did something happen in space on 39k-43k? A fragment breaking up and spraying this area with smaller fragments?

Is 39k-43k really a test cell that had artifical particles fired at it?

Is there some other type of contamination or microscope problem that can explain all this tracks?
Sasari

Post by Sasari »

Hmm well reading this thread

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... .php?t=504

it sounds like they may be flaws in the gel?

It sure is hard to tell the difference between those and a real track

http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/ ... e_id=11012

taken from a calibration video test. (you must paste the link into a window with a VM loaded to get it to load)
Dave Burbank

Post by Dave Burbank »

Beat me by a few minutes! :wink:
Horus

Movies hell!!

Post by Horus »

I have found at least ten that have got callibration tracks and yet it come up with wrong when I know for a fact they where there, also some that are not tracks being marked as tracks, to be honest you can tell when it's a calibration movie, the screen res' drops, but I don't want to press bad focus just to keep stats up. What I would say is that if we have to be accurate then surely the VM should be to. 10642b, 10466b, 10900b, 10409b all bumped up my stats (most annoying) many many more but not written them down.
Horus

Movies hell!!

Post by Horus »

I have found at least ten that have got callibration tracks and yet it come up with wrong when I know for a fact they where there, also some that are not tracks being marked as tracks, to be honest you can tell when it's a calibration movie, the screen res' drops, but I don't want to press bad focus just to keep stats up. What I would say is that if we have to be accurate then surely the VM should be to. 10642b, 10466b, 10900b, 10409b all bumped up my stats (most annoying) many many more but not written them down.